2. wascally wabbitt

In process: Alibaba GTI build

You dropped this, king 👑
  3. wascally wabbitt

Mk7 GTI SE 1st and 2nd gear

Shifter alignment is worth checking if not already ruled out
  4. wascally wabbitt

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

If I have to do my water pump, I want to install MPI. No guarantees I will be able to tune for it at that time though. If I just install MPI hardware without tuning, there's no harm in running the car, correct?
  5. wascally wabbitt

Limp mode diagnostics help please

Not an expert, and the oil pressure code is concerning, but the easiest thing to rule out is your battery going bad. These cars really misbehave as the battery starts dying.
  6. wascally wabbitt

mk8 R turbo upgrade

check this thread https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/a3-ea888-gen-3-with-evo-4-turbo-swap.417867/#post-7964004
  7. wascally wabbitt

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I'm extremely fortunate to have landed the role, and being able to move so close is icing on the cake. Definitely a bit stressful as I'm also doing a part time engineering MS degree lol but this kind of stress forces growth. Appreciate the well wishes!!!
  8. wascally wabbitt

Feast or famine 😂. For better and worse my commute's traffic patterns force economical driving. Soon I am moving 1 mile from work and will be biking to work, which will let me finally send the GTI in for a turbo upgrade
  9. wascally wabbitt

Recently started a job that is 65 miles away and am pretty happy with the MPGs. I keep it between 67 and 72ish MPH on flats/uphills, a bit faster on downhills, and do one short pull above that on each ride home. This week I saw high 39.x, low 40.x on the trip computer. This includes summer...
  10. wascally wabbitt

My knee pops with clutch pedals. Anyone else?

Skip the DSG. Go straight to an id.4. Assuming you've tried adjusting seat position so you can clutch in and out either before or after the knee pop. I don't think the knee pop is bad for you if you're actually concerned about that. It's just like cracking your knuckles
  11. wascally wabbitt

I've always wondered, isn't a fresh pressure plate important for breaking in a new friction disk? Every new clutch kit starts with a stiff pedal that lightens over time. It seems like friction disks would be designed to be broken in with fresh pressure plates, but maybe I'm just paranoid
  12. wascally wabbitt

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

Is this failure simply a matter of time, i.e. when not if?
  13. wascally wabbitt

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

The APR tune is designed for an upgraded intercooler and it will function with OEM IC, just not as well as APR intended. Aftermarket IC will reduce the temperature delta between intake charge and ambient. Cooler intake charge temps let the tune run more timing and thus power than the OEM IC...
  14. wascally wabbitt

What clutch kit have you been running?
  15. wascally wabbitt

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

If you're curious, look into the open-source tuning solution driven by the MK7 GTI/R and 8V A3/S3 community. I haven't done it yet but I've been following the community because I plan to. It's a flexible option that allows you to tune to your hardware configuration to your heart's desire