GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by PacDawg

1. P

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Crap...lol. it was switched to afr2 somehow. Don't know how that happened. Switched to afr and reads now.
  2. P

Got rear ended by a aemi. Luckily it was stop and go trafficw so it wasn't going too fast. I'm not handy so only parts I pulled from old car is Cobb AP, ethanol sensor, map sensor. Didn't even bother removing intake. So basically all my mods are lost. At least got a decent settlement because of...
  3. P

Ahh...so the tap is only for the gauge display?
  4. P

Picked up a 2021 GLI to replace my totaled GTI. Want to keep drive train warranty for a little bit so picked up a used jb4. Issue I'm having though is afr was reading for the first couple of days but is no longer reading. I'm only going to run map 1 so I've read it should work fine without afr...
  5. P

One of my slicks no longer holds air so I think it's a sign to stop for awhile.
  6. P

Still have it and it has outlasted the motor. When the motor went I had a stock motor put in and have been dailying on milder e30 tune hoping the replacement motor can last another 100k miles.
  7. P

PSA: TPC20 - not recommended

How do you know Ed didn't tell people with initial failures to keep it to themselves until they figure things out. You do realize this is people's livelihood and their products reputation can make or break their business. I'm a part restaurant owner and can feel for these vendors. When we see...
  8. P

PSA: TPC20 - not recommended

There was a time that the EQT vortex had a bad batch and was blowing left and right. They warrantied their product and rectified the problem which it appears TPC is trying to do. It would have been a shame if when EQT was having issues and was not given the chance to fix it and ran off this...
  9. P

500+ whp GTI

Thanks bud. I'm just going with a used motor so it shouldn't take long to be up and running again once I get a replacement motor.
  10. P

500+ whp GTI

I've been looking on ebay, lkq and car-part.com. Prices looks like around 3k+. If you get a built block and and reuse your head it would be a much better investment.
  11. P

500+ whp GTI

Yeah before MPI I wasn't hitting 28 till later on as well so i'm going to want to do the same.
  12. P

500+ whp GTI

Yup at the drag strip on Sunday. Oiled down the drag strip, sides of car and back of car. Everyone at the strip was pissed at me. LOL. I should of known better and pulled over right away when I heard something under me. I was just thinking my exhaust came of my DP because that happened before...
  13. P

500+ whp GTI

I agree with this 100%. Ask me how I know.