GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by otbiker57

1. otbiker57

F.S. VCDS Micro Can Adapter

Sold the GTI, so I'm cleaning house. About 3 years old, but no issues. Really don't know what this is worth. Make me a reasonable offer and I'll ship it out. Please contact me directly at: otbiker@icloud.com Thanks, Marty
  2. otbiker57

F.S. Euro OEM Intake Cover

Intake Air Cover & Ball Stud. Literally on the car for two weeks. Got a hair in my butt and traded off the GTI yesterday. $50 free shipping. Since I'm not going to follow the forum any longer, PLEASE email me directly at: otbiker@mac.com Thanks.
  3. otbiker57

Coolant Leak Question

Don't know if its' the latest, but they installed 06K-121-011-C...
  4. otbiker57

Coolant Leak Question

FOLLOW UP... drives me nuts when folks post questions, then never give a follow up. So... Dropped off the GTI to the dealer for a look see. The splash pan was pretty much covered with coolant so I didn't they would argue much. They did an overnight pressure test, condemned the water pump, and I...
  5. otbiker57

Coolant Leak Question

Thanks for the responses. Watched a how-to YouTube video for replacement. Yikes! Glad I'm under warranty. Doesn't look like a fun job...
  6. otbiker57

Coolant Leak Question

17 GTI. Found a small puddle of coolant on the garage floor. Opened the hood and found coolant nearly covering the inside of the splash right behind/below the radiator. With a flashlight, looked around the engine and everything looks dry, but there's a lot of place I can't see. Is this the...
  7. otbiker57

Coolant Leak Question

17 GTI with a coolant leak. Noticed a small puddle on the garage floor. Opened the hood and found coolant pretty much covering the inside of the splash pan right behind the radiator. The engine looks dry, but there's a lot of spaces I can't see. Is this the water pump / t-stat housing issue...
  8. otbiker57

Anyone know what’s involved in VW CPO inspection?

Absolutely no aftermarket parts. Recently bought a 17 GTI with 20k miles and no warranty left. Dealer had to remove the aftermarket wheels and springs to CPO it, which they did...
  9. otbiker57

A/C fan speed issues

Evaporator freezing up will reduce the airflow...
  10. otbiker57

GTI Door Sill Lighting Inop

I recently bought a 17 GTI with the drivers side strip dead. Diagnosed, but only found "electrical failure" via VCDS. Removed both door sills, clipped the existing wires to the door sill lighting, and wired them to the foot well lighting. I used the passenger side foot well light connection as...
  11. otbiker57

Door lighting

I recently bought a 17 GTI with the drivers side strip dead. Diagnosed, but only found "electrical failure" via VCDS. Removed both door sills, clipped the existing wires to the door sill lighting, and wired them to the foot well lighting. I used the passenger side foot well light connection as...
  12. otbiker57

How to check for tune?

I didn't think the red badges were OEM from 17 on because PP was standard.