GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by OldVWFan

1. OldVWFan

Trouble downshifting from 3rd gear into 2nd. Anyone else?

Since this a 2015 model check the cables ends for worn bushings, check the shifter for worn bushings also that allow slop and check the plastic shifter cable bracket.
  2. OldVWFan

SUING to SHUT DOWN Laguna Seca Raceway for noise & environmental reasons

Track has been there since the mid 50s, probably much longer than many if not all of the complaining homeowners, so they knew the track was there was why did they move so close? The lawsuit is a joke and should be dismissed. It brings in too much money to the county also. I really hope the track...
  3. OldVWFan

Stumbling start (intermittently, so that's fun [still not fixed, apparently])?

Maybe the injectors are a little dirty and dribbling? Have you ever run some injector cleaner through it, like Techron?
  4. OldVWFan

2025 Gti

Don't like the wheel design on Facelift GTI.
  5. OldVWFan

Normal amount of rear wheel play?

If that is the case, then I would continue to drive the car but keep a watch on the bushings. Look at/check them every oil change.
  6. OldVWFan

I would suggest that you get someone to help and have them move the tire side to side and back and forth while you look at each suspension bushing, appears one or more is bad.
  7. OldVWFan

It is hard to say if the play is normal because one cannot determine how much force you are putting on the tire. How many miles does the car have and has the car had any suspension work or damage? I can say my 2017 GTI does not have that kind of play when checking for wheel bearing play. I hold...
  8. OldVWFan

2025 Gti

More BS electronics on it that have nothing to enhance the driving experience, especially no manual gearbox, so for me it is out, I'll keep my 2017 GTI Sport.
  9. OldVWFan

Brother's Sportwagon, oil falling into a black hole!

Above you say he purchased the car with 90k+ miles and he currently has 106k miles, so he has driven it less than 16k, then you state he is on his second oil change, so when did he do the first change, right after the purchase? At what mileage? When did he do the second oil change, at what...
  10. OldVWFan

Do the cloth seats feel different than the leather ones?

Yes. Electric seats to me are just something else to go fail and they weigh more.
  11. OldVWFan

Do the cloth seats feel different than the leather ones?

I prefer the cloth seats over the leather seats. I don't know if structurally they are different as seat and the side bolsters look the same. I do know that leather is feels colder in the winter and hotter in the summer when initially sitting down and you need to treat the leather occasionally...
  12. OldVWFan

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Drove it and enjoyed it!
  13. OldVWFan

How badly is my bumper damaged

It is not damaged, somehow it has been pulled away from the clips, push it back in and it should stay.
  14. OldVWFan

Normal coolant temp

I will see an oil temp of 214F regularly this time of year and wouldn't want to see it colder than the water temp anyway as it needs to hot to rid itself of contaminants. I will at times see 220F depending on the traffic, ambient temp, and how I drive.