GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by OLD MEN RULE

1. OLD MEN RULE

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Getting the MK7 GTI ready for some summer road trips.:cool:(y):love:
  2. OLD MEN RULE

K&N filters opinions

I'm about to replace my OEM engine air filter with an OEM VW paper filter and leave the snow grate out and see if the engine explodes this is in the pursuit of science.
  3. OLD MEN RULE

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

I'd go with 220V the lift will run much smoother, I retired from the company that makes the power units for many of the car lift mfg.
  4. OLD MEN RULE

VW Golf MK7 TSI 2015 Rear Accident

Sorry to see your golf got hit. Does not look like it can be fixed unless there is hidden damage. Good luck and hope all works out for your Golf.
  5. OLD MEN RULE

Goodbye, and thanks for the years!

Good luck with the CX-5. How many miles were on the GTI when you traded it in?
  6. OLD MEN RULE

Suction Pump Seal Recall

So true the clowns at the local stealership either don't know what they are doing or don't give a ship.
  7. OLD MEN RULE

Anyone trade their mk7 for something more comfortable?

76 years young here and the GTI gives me a great ride and the handling is great also. All OEM and this is my favorite GTI so far. No plans to sell it for a MK8.5.
  8. OLD MEN RULE

Bought a 2019 Golf R MK 7.5

Sounds like you are good to go. Also with those miles probably lots of highway miles. How about the differential oil front and rear?
  9. OLD MEN RULE

SOLD! 2019 White GTI ‘Rabbit Edition’ Pristine with $17,714 in Mods and Upgrades. Asking $24,000.

Keeping my MK 7.5 for the long run. This is my 6th VW product since 1962 The 7,5 GTI has been trouble free. Knock wood.
  10. OLD MEN RULE

How is the MK7.5 oil pump driven.

Thanks BP, I hoped so. As I see ford has some engine oil pumps are driven by a cog belt.
  11. OLD MEN RULE

How is the MK7.5 oil pump driven.

Is it true that the oil pump on the MK7.5, is driven by a cog belt or a chain?
  12. OLD MEN RULE

Have I been wasting $ on premium for years?

The only fuel that my MK7.5 has been filled with is Shell 93 octane and I see no reason to change now. NO POS toyota in my future, thanks diggs24.
  13. OLD MEN RULE

Electric GTI

I've watched several videos on the MK9, IMHO Volkswagen has another winner sure hope they bring it to North America. Don't see why VW won't.
  14. OLD MEN RULE

Upload Pictures of ur Golf MK7 with after market alloys!!!

Sweet MK5, been a while since I've seen a MK5 in this nice condition.
  15. OLD MEN RULE

Oil Level Too High?

As others have said, get an extractor and do your own oil/filter changes. So EZ with the oil filter on the topside of the engine.