GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by o_a_ravi

1. O

Air coming out of vents stink

I think the effective way to get rid of it (most of it) would be to use a externally connected professional grade Ozone Generator for few cycles of 30 min each. Remove the filter., keep all windows closed and run the AC Fan in full blast during the cycle. Make sure there is no one inside the...
  2. O

DIY Front Camera upgrade for RVC-HIGH

Relay is not directly driven by arduino., its by the transistor (negative switching).
  3. O

nice work @mr-fix ! Were you able to get the controller board working for auto switching the front / rear camera inputs to the display unit and the toggle function to switch the sources ? Im stuck at this point designing my own circuit using arduino pro mini., even after using opto...
  4. O

DAP (Driver Assist Package) Question on ACC and Auto Emergency Braking

I have a 2017 Golf 1.8 TSI with DAP which includes the following - Front Collision Braking (AEB) ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) Rear Traffic Alert with Maneuver Braking All 3 of the above are closely tied to the ABS Module and uses automatic braking to some effect., the question is...
  5. O

Just did a test fit, coded and all worked fine. Few observations though - 1. Rear camera when initializes and syncs with CAN bus, it checks for video signal. Any disconnects or relayed to front cam, logs a camera disconnected error on camera module (6c). 2. In Parking Mode, when the MIB is...
  6. O

From my bench testing the camera., it definitely looks fish eye type lens with a wide angle. couldnt exactly measure the angles as mr-fix did. Below is the picture of my setup. Let me know if this is also a 110 degree lens., and excuse for the messy desk. ;)
  7. O

I got this camera on ebay linked here - https://www.ebay.com/itm/363118869621?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=by5ci8jztp2&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=CyX9tHK3RLS&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY It says its HD/720p with better night sensitivity and a 170 degree wide angled view. Is also...
  8. O

Gateway Firmware Update

I suppose if you are able to get your hand on the firmware file (*.frf and .xml)., you use ODIS Engineering mode to upload the firmware ? or can just the ODIS will do.
  9. O

I just got my hand on the RVC camera., can someone tell me if this is actually a highline model ? Got it used and the seller is telling he got this from a MK7 GTI 2015 model., so it should be already parameterized and calibrated. I am unable to check the actual camera inside it., unless i...
  10. O

I plan to use the left side switch panel as is., the - Mode Button as the custom momentary switch to switch video source., with a bicolor SMD type led to report status. I do not have drive profile mode enabled nor wired., so thats basically a blank switch.
  11. O

nice ! I plan to mount it on a perf board along with the control board and the arduino nano board within a enclosure box. Would be using the smaller relay.
  12. O

Yes if you are powering it from T15., it should not be an issue. Consider using a .1 uf and a 100uf cap on the power lines to suppress line surges due to engine start. Also try to use opto isolators on all the input lines. (Parktronic LED, Reverse Line) I guess, both implementation., your...
  13. O

I think this code should work, will need some minor tweaks during testing. Few pointers on the code., we should include few additional helper libraries such as button libraries for debouncing, etc. Also on your original idea., few pointers - 1. Camera Connection to MIB2 should always connected...
  14. O

Thanks for the clarification, it now makes sense.