GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by npx629

1. N

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

Wow, I am so fucking stupid. I saw "Catted downpipe" and totally missed "OE" - so with a stock downpipe you almost definitely would be fine with the TCR exhaust. You likely would have zero drone with the stock mid/down pipe and the TCR exhaust. Sorry man, that's what I get for replying too...
  2. N

It probably would be loud. You’d essentially have the same setup as me. I’ll answer your question by saying that I took it off inpreparation for a ~1000 mile round trip drive, but mostly because I’d be driving in camp sites at night. The drone isn’t that bad, but it’s for sure there. I’ll post...
  3. N

Quite, I couldn’t stand the thought of annoying people in the neighborhood just tooling around. I probably will fit an upgraded resonator on it to make it less loud. That or just put on the old stock exhaust and take the noises from just the DP. I’m gonna give it one month or so.
  4. N

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Cool, thanks Jake. Since I already have the downpipe and exhaust, in order to replicate that setup, all I need is the Vibrant res, right? Your resonated midpipe is utilizing that part?
  5. N

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Late as hell to the party, but right at the end of January I got a new 2019 Great Falls Green SE DSG with Experience Pack for 29800 from Capitol VW in San Jose CA. 15 percent off MSRP, financed with BofA for 2.74. Not bad at all considering that there were 4 great falls green cars on sale...
  6. N

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Hi Jake, I have an 034 downpipe (catted), and the VW TCR exhaust. It's really loud from about 2800 to 3000ish RPM and seems to get less loud above 3500 RPM. Would the Vibrant res help in this case? There is some drone as I cruise around 2200 RPM but it's not particularly objectionable to me.
  7. N

Okay boys and girls, here's a quick exhaust clip. This is about half throttle with upshift around ~5000. https://youtu.be/eDrhoBdgJBo Still trying to decide if it's too much. But god it sounds good. Car info: 2019 VW GTI SE DSG w/ Experience Pack (~9300 miles) Roc-Euro...
  8. N

I'm going to try to have a friend record an exterior video, and I need a better mic. I'll do that this week.
  9. N

Bought my TCR muffler through oemvwshop.com - while the shipping ended up being more expensive than I would have liked, it was about on cost with DAP and only took 20 days to get to the USA since they actually have the mufflers in stock. Great customer service, a very nice man in Slovakia named...