GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by NotASpy

1. NotASpy

Harvesting blind spot wiring to re-enable bsm on power folder mirrors

Got everything working! Took a while feeding the wires through wasn't fun, on the second one I even found a shortcut to feeding the wire. But overall works perfectly and now I gained bsm again, the only issue is how weird my mirror looks to me. I was using a euro wide view mirror before but I'll...
  2. NotASpy

Np! Keep in mind some extra $$ can save you some headache by just buying power folding mirrors with DAP wiring already with it. https://www.shopdap.com/power-folding-mirrors-for-mk7-with-dap-5g1898507ce9b9grp.html Going my current route does save $200 dollars though, and this project isn't...
  3. NotASpy

I bought these (https://www.urotuning.com/products/genuine-vw-power-folding-mirror-kit-for-mk7-golf-gsw-gti-r-5gg857-kt?variant=12429943930935) a couple months back. I coded it to fold with lock and unfold with lock and I couldn't be happier with them. It did come with a wide angle euro mirror...
  4. NotASpy

Stuck bolt in DV, how screwed am I?

You could only imagine the relief I felt after trying to get it with a different set for a couple hours
  5. NotASpy

PCV Valve Replacement

I definitely thought about this, I am sure the MK8 piece is beautiful like the rest of her but I think I just got a killer deal on a BL revision. Gotta take your Ws when you can
  6. NotASpy

PCV Valve Replacement

One time use clamp on it, might just switch it to a hose clamp for future me
  7. NotASpy

I was able to get it out! I bought this expensive bit extractor set that needed to be hammered in, wasn't able to get enough force on it to get it to bite. A smart man would've removed their battery for more operating room. A lucky man buys this from Home Depot...
  8. NotASpy

PCV Valve Replacement

Thank you, will snag that BL soon then!
  9. NotASpy

Sorry for the repeat question but will a drill be needed in the extractor stage? Or will a center punch be enough for the bit to grip onto? I just really don't want to mess this up lol.
  10. NotASpy

PCV Valve Replacement

Beautiful thank you, ill make sure to snag that too. My only hiccup right now is deciding between 06K103495BL & 06K103495BM. One is a later revision that says it won't fit our model but Audi uses on newer S3s, I've heard good things about the BL rev
  11. NotASpy

Thanks! Do you think I can just use a center punch and try to get the threads to catch with the extractor bit? Or do I need to bust out a drill to create a hole the bit can dig into.
  12. NotASpy

I was wondering why I was having power issues near the top of the powerband, I replaced plugs and coils thinking it would solve the issue. When I inspected my DV I thought a bolt was missing, but in reality the head just broke off. As you can see in the picture the left most bolt still has...
  13. NotASpy

PCV Valve Replacement

I wanted to replace my PCV valve as a preemptive measure, I wonder if I should just replace the PCV valve itself or should I get one of those service kits? Ones that come with new hoses, clamps, purge valve. Thanks in advance!
  14. NotASpy

Broke coil pack grounding terminal

Wanted to clean some debris by my spark plugs, lost my thin 11mm wrench didn't need it the first time so I thought it would be similar low and behold snapped it right off. I was able to get a 10 AWG 1/4" terminal to work with it. But the ring isn't as snug as the others and I'd like to redo it...