GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Norton

1. N

2017 VW GTI Infotainment system reset ??

My infotainment system on my 2017 GTI has started acting up. Navigation system will not start and system randomly reboots. I have tried holding the power button down for 10 plus seconds but that doesn't seem to reset the system. any ideas/suggestions would be most welcomed!!
  2. N

Resetting Infotainment system on a 2017 VW GTI

My infotainment system on my 2017 GTI has started acting up. Navigation system will not start and system randomly reboots. I have tried holding the power button down for 10 plus seconds but that doesn't seem to reset the system. any ideas/suggestions would be most welcomed!!
  3. N

Apply Car Play 2017 GTI

Coincidence or not??, I just upgraded my iphone to IOS 12.3.1. Since upgrading I cannot get Apple Car Play to start up when I plug my phone into the infotainment unit. Has anybody experienced this and have any ideas?
  4. N

Fuel Injectors and carbon

I have a 2017 GTI Performance model. I have heard that, like with any direct fuel injection engine, the GTI motor is prone to carbon build up on the valves. Does anyone run a good quality fuel injector cleaner through their tank once or twice a year ?
  5. N

2017 GTI manual shifting

I bought this car new and love it. My question is around shifting. I find the shifting, from any gear, to be "notchy". The clutch is not dragging or slipping but when I shift up or down from any gear it is like feeling a hang-up or notch as it goes through the neutral area. It doesn't have any...
  6. N

Oil Change Interval

My 2017 VW Golf GTI 2.0 calls for oil changes at 15000 kms or 1 year. My gut feel is that the oil should be changed at least twice a year or every 7 or 8 thousand kms. What are other owners doing ?
  7. N

Navigation - GPS

I have a 2017 GTI with the navigation option. Does anyone know who makes VW GPS. I have a ton of routes built for my motorcycle Garmin GPS and would love to load them somehow into the GTI's navigation system. Thanks Ken