GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by norsairius

1. norsairius

Jason Cammisa MK8 Hagerty review... OUCH

Why is VW sending these out with tires the way they are? I'm starting to wonder if they're worried people won't see the performance as enough of an upgrade vs. the MK7 if they were to be tested with the same tires. I hope that's not the case though. I'd rather see a performance improvement with...
  2. norsairius

MK7 Confessions

I bought some nice metal replacement shifter paddles with the hopes that they'd offer better reach when shifting with them (and they did), but I ended up preferring the more satisfying click that the stock plastic ones offer so I switched back to stock. I'm also disappointed in how lethargic...
  3. norsairius

19 waterpump

Any theories as to why some water pumps/thermostats fail sooner for some people but not others? Is there something people do differently that somehow help these last? Certain driving habits? Could it be climate related? I assume that gathering enough data to draw any meaningful conclusions may...
  4. norsairius

If you were buying again DSG or MT

This is ultimately a debate of semantics and as long as people are going to define a manual/automatic their own way, it's not going to be settled. Here's my $0.02: the DSG has the mechanical parts of a manual transmission, but it can still do the shifting for you. You have the option to tell it...
  5. norsairius

If you were buying again DSG or MT

Manual for me. I traded in my manual 2010 GTI a long while back and had a few cars after it. I missed that manual GTI the entire time. Went shopping last summer and found a nice leftover 2019 (hurray longer warranty!) but it was a DSG. It was slim pickings for a manual when I was shopping so I...
  6. norsairius

Help with some unidentified noise

That's exactly the noise I hear. Not an issue as far as I can tell. It doesn't seem to happen consistently for me, but I'll try paying more attention to the circumstances under which it occurs.
  7. norsairius

Help with some unidentified noise

Without hearing the noise (I know you tried and couldn't post a clip), it's hard to say, but based on what you're describing I think I've heard this before after parking the car. I admittedly don't know if it's anything to be concerned about but it hasn't caused any issues so far. My car is...
  8. norsairius

Metallic rattling on cold start

Unfortunately normal. It makes the car sound cheap or broken for about a minute/minute and a half or so, but goes away after that.
  9. norsairius

Wheel Bearing - Warranty Cover It?

Just did a bit more googling around - I stand corrected, at least tentatively. Many reports of people getting wheel bearings covered under warranty. It may partially depend on how much your dealer tries to blame it on driving style or road conditions, but seems like your odds are decent. Can't...
  10. norsairius

Wheel Bearing - Warranty Cover It?

Since you have a 2019, you should have the People First warranty that was essentially a 6 year/72k mile bumper to bumper warranty. That said, even with a bumper to bumper warranty, a wheel bearing is generally considered a wear item. I think you'd have a better shot if the car had very low...
  11. norsairius

Dashcam recommendations (People suck)

Something to keep in mind: Make sure to get a "high endurance" memory card for the dashcam. They'll last longer. I saw a reddit thread where the recommended replacement interval was each year, but that seems like a lot and could depend on how much you drive. Someone else in that same reddit...
  12. norsairius

Unpopular Opinion: Rear sway bars don't live up to the hype.

That's the one I meant, you're right, I got mixed up :LOL:
  13. norsairius

Ok, cool, thanks for the input @shovelhd, @Joe_Mama, & @DrFunkalupicus! So if I decide to do this upgrade, I'll see if I can find a friend with ramps or if we put the car up on jackstands, I'll lower the car before doing the final tightening of the bolts. I'll also find replacement bolts and use...
  14. norsairius

I've been considering an RSB as a relatively low-cost upgrade. Couple things I'm hoping to clear up, appreciate any input: 1. Need to order new bolts/nuts - I've read that the ones on the car are one-time use, but I've also read others have re-used them just fine. Should new bolts be used...
  15. norsairius

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

Wait, you can get an Mk8 GTI with the infotainment and controls (with buttons) or am I misunderstanding something? I assume the steering wheel will still have the awful touch controls though.