GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Nineeightyone

1. Nineeightyone

I assumed my 2020 GTI used the same oil as my 2015 GTI...oops...gues now I know

I just went off of what the manual says, and picked up LiquiMoly 0w20 Top Tec. Meets the spec, and it seems to be a good product. I wonder why the rod bearings changed for 19+, I'd love to be a fly on the wall for changes like these. But I guess we'll never know.
  2. Nineeightyone

MK7 GTI Front Bumper Conversion Issues

Great detective work, and thanks for posting the solution. I'm sure that will come in handy for others as well.
  3. Nineeightyone

2021 Black Friday Deals

Recently 14TB were under $200, I think the 8TB Easystores are going to be overshadowed by a similar if not better price to TB ratio on the 14TB. Makes me a little annoyed, I bought 2x 12TB WD Easystores at $200/pop and then the 14s came out at $200 recently. Also not sure if you're on reddit but...
  4. Nineeightyone

Does my car have a tune?

Yes, but no crust.
  5. Nineeightyone

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Congrats, here's to 30+ more! I'm helped by the fact that my wife also races, she just took first in our region in HS with her Mazda3 and very well understands that mods cost money, but are worth every penny.
  6. Nineeightyone

See, you need to spin it as a present for the both of you -- you spent a couple bucks on the car so that it's more engaging, so that you both can enjoy the drive out to a nice dinner date and a movie -- which by the way, the new 007 movie is a good one. My wife and I very much enjoyed it, she...
  7. Nineeightyone

I mean, the car's a member of the family, you just made sure to give it a good present.
  8. Nineeightyone

I drank the koolaid, and have absolutely zero regrets. I've got slip on the OTS 91 tune, so SB Stage 3 daily kit is going in this winter. You won't be disappointed, the tune is so smooth and makes so much power. I'm sure it helps that you can resell your JB4 as well.
  9. Nineeightyone

Best exhaust system?

I'd look for others in your area with similar vehicles, and see what exhaust options they run. Not always an option depending on geography/how many other modded cars are around, but it's worth a shot. Personally, I was back and forth a TON on my catback choice, and wound up going with the CTS...
  10. Nineeightyone

That Powerflex insert...

I think it really depends on people's tolerances, and transmission choice. I ran only the BFI Stage 1 dogbone insert on my mk4 w/ AT, and it was a considerable amount of NVH. My mk4 Jetta 5MT has BFI's stage 1 engine and trans mounts, and their stage 2 dogbone insert, and it really doesn't feel...
  11. Nineeightyone

Yeah, this is where I'm winding up. I'm 31 and decently established, so while I have a decently equipped garage the cold weather and relative new-ness of the car make me a little gunshy on the larger jobs. With that said, I've been doing pretty much all the other work on the car myself. If it...
  12. Nineeightyone

Will do. I was quoted $650 ($100/hr x 6.5 hours) for labor, and when I told them I'd be supplying the clutch, they asked what I was looking at. Turns out they keep the South Bend Stage 3 Daily in stock, and offered me 10% off of retail if I bought through them. I'm additionally having them do...
  13. Nineeightyone

Vibration at highway speed since getting new wheels

Weird, my wheels from Tire Rack came with metal centering rings. I bought relatively recently though, I wonder if they changed? Either way, I don't have vibration issues, and I'm happy with the results. OP, hope you get it sorted, and definitely make sure you've got the correct lugs -- the...
  14. Nineeightyone

This whole place has been incredibly dangerous to my wallet. I was ecstatic to finally get a GTI, and then it became a matter of 'What can I add to really make it what I always dreamed of'? But I'm inclined to think the 19 S was the way to go, I didn't think I cared all that much about the PP...
  15. Nineeightyone

Got a quote from APTuning to get the South Bend Stage 3 Daily kit done, as well as mounts and clutch delay valve delete. Ordered the BFI engine/trans mounts from USP, once I have those in hand it's getting scheduled to get the clutch done, I've done a number of mk4 clutches in the past but for...