GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Nifa

1. N

How to retro-fit the Mk8 rear suspension aero covers or stone guards to a Mk7 Golf.

Yeah I have noticed those from your topics. :) But what I ment was is there an upgraded version like those in Mk8 versus Mk7 ones.
  2. N

How to retro-fit the Mk8 rear suspension aero covers or stone guards to a Mk7 Golf.

Are there same type of new stone guard in Mk8 for torsion beam rear axles too?
  3. N

How to retro-fit the 312mm front brakes to a Mk7 Golf

Installed those 312 mm in Octavia 3 with torsion back. Much better braking feel. Front is now a bit more heavier feeling when turning wheel (as expected). I am now using Skoda superb's 18" "Modus" wheels with better ET than the Octavia 3 orginal rims and they are maybe a bit too heavy. Most...
  4. N

Hi, thanks. I think i'll leave the 253 mm at back if you have experience with bigger front + orginal 253 mm rear, since the front is (most likely) the issue with that on/off. I were just concerned from that 312 / 253 combo, since most of the swaps seems to be on cars with 272 mm rear. :) Just...
  5. N

Ive been told that there no all mounting points for multi-link in octavia, if its equipped with torsion. I am just wondering is it ok to mount those 312mm to front, even if the back discs are smaller 253mm ones and not the 272. It have the same symptoms, braking is a bit on / off. For me...
  6. N

Hi, yeah. But Octavia 3 1.4 tsi with torsion beam rear is equipped with 253 mm (10mm non ventilated) diameter discs at back. Golf and Octavia 3 1.8 tsi (and later 2.0) got both multilink rear with 272 mm discs (10mm non ventilated). Yeah sure it wont make big difference due the weight balance...
  7. N

Planning to do this upgrade to Skoda Octavia Combi (3 FL, 2018) with 1.4 TSI. Front pistons are 57mm and discs 288 mm. Just wondering before doing anything that what type of discs 1.4 TSI golf got on the rear axle versus my torsion beam rear in that Skoda? (Dont want to ruin brake balance in...