GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by nickbrun

1. nickbrun

Emissions Readiness "Monitoring of tank ventilation system" Help

I appreciate your response bro, I was going to restart the whole process, meaning reset my DTC codes to reset all monitors back to Not completed, but I don't have to do that correct? I can keep doing multiple drive cycles until that one monitor completes successfully? Sorry if I worded that...
  2. nickbrun

Emissions Readiness "Monitoring of tank ventilation system" Help

Hello, I cannot for the life of me find out what this "Monitoring of tank ventilation system" monitor refers to, the purge valve maybe? I unflashed my tune for emissions and have only driven about 60 or so miles since unflashing and erasing DTC memory and all monitors have completed...
  3. nickbrun

JB4 Golf IS38 1.8t 09G Dyno

I’ll order a dragy in the next couple of days, I believe I have 60-100 times when I was reflect is20. Attached is a GIAC stage 2 Golf R on the same dyno same night.
  4. nickbrun

Nope, rpm stops when hitting 125mph, which is before redline at around 5500 rpm in 4th gear at WOT, only a flashtune will remove the speed limiter. I am definitely going to continue logging. I don’t plan on using this as a daily map though.
  5. nickbrun

I do think it’d be better to stack with the APR IS38 tune because they keep the torque low, 390wtq is way overkill for the 1.8t with JB4 only
  6. nickbrun

Yes my map 6 has been logged all the way from bottom of third to the speed limiter in fourth at 5500~, 27PSI E30 maxed out fuel trims and ran lean, lowered to 24PSI with E25 and had great results.
  7. nickbrun

Just wanted to share my dyno results for my 1.8t, car has JB4, IS38, FBO, E25 blend, stock fueling with a 24PSI Peak map 6. (After seeing the results I was shocked to see 390wtq with the 09G transmission, so peak/low end boost have been brought down drastically, fuel trims & AFR were solid) RPM...
  8. nickbrun

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

luckily they’re biodegradable so they should of completely evaporated.
  9. nickbrun

contact APR customer service, they’ll send you out the tighter fitting one , but beware, installing this fucker was a pain in this ass, have to really pry it through the hole.
  10. nickbrun

Hey guys, just an update on the loose hose grommet that affected some of us, I found the fix, all you need is a thinner rubber grommet on the hose piece, I have zero play now. Attached is the loose rubber grommet, as you can see it’s way too wide allowing the play.
  11. nickbrun

Let me know your solution, I feel like a small oring in the middle of the hose grommet against the piping would keep the inside portion sucked down and sealed if that makes any sense.
  12. nickbrun

I always end up putting the stock intake back on because I get tired of the whooshes BUT always revert back to the open intake because I end up missing them lmfao, im hesitate to install this one until my new apr hose grommet comes in the mail
  13. nickbrun

No I don’t think it’s designed to do that, it’s designed to swivel 360 but it seems the hole for it is slightly too big so it wobbles as well, APR sent me the one that comes on the carbon version (its a different design) so hopefully that will be more snug. But I guarantee a small O ring...
  14. nickbrun

Ah, nice idea with the O-ring i’m going to try it, what do you dislike about the sound?
  15. nickbrun

It’s not, ive tried tightening it wont budge, but again, if it doesnt effect functionality I really don’t mind, quality on the intake is great the PEX material is hard as f**k and looks nice, i’d pull the trigger on it, it’s in stock at BMP Tuning & you wont have to pay shipping/taxes 🙂