GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by nestid

1. N

CEL cyl 3 misfire P030300

Are CELs stored even after clearing the code via obd? I cleared the code the code to get rid of the CEL to see if it would come back. Dealer says light needs to be present in order for them to investigate. I was under the assumption the code is still stored somewhere in the system
  2. N

same code as before. cyl 3 misfire intermittent and only at startup. my best guess is it's an injector issue. to the stealership she goes again
  3. N

and we're back with a CEL! it was a good 2 weeks. will scan the code in the morning. actually kind of glad it happened again before january since that's when my powertrain warranty goes away
  4. N

Picked the car back up today. Powertrain warranty covered the $175 diagnostic fee and they added whatever additive in too without me having to pay a dime. Car seems to be driving really well now (not sure if it's placebo or what). No CEL since driving it multiple times today. Fingers crossed...
  5. N

Tech got back: cylinder walls were fine and no compression/leakage issues. Misfires are sporadic and tech recommends adding a fuel additive and clearing the code. Is that a long term solution? Kind of at a lost for what to do here lol. I'm APR stage 1 high torque 91 octane tune and regularly get...
  6. N

An unfortunate update: CEL came back on tonight at start up after driving around most of the day. Will be taking into dealership tomorrow since I don't have the time to diagnose and fix myself. Hoping that powertrain warranty will cover
  7. N

So update: I don't think it's an injector issue. The car drives perfectly fine with normal MPG, steady RPMs, and no misfires under load. The misfires are intermittent and has only happened the few times at startup. Did some live testing with the OBD connected to try to see if I can log any...
  8. N

I'll run a compression test this weekend. That would determine if it's an injector issue? I've never dealt with these type of issues before so it's new knowledge I'm taking in lol
  9. N

The plug honestly looked fine. I didn't see anything wrong with it as it looked like the other plugs. I checked grounding using that method and didn't find anything wrong as well :/. I did schedule an appointment at the stealership next Tuesday in the case that I have not figured out the issue
  10. N

>3 days ago started the car and there was a CEL > OBDeleven said P030300 cyl 3 misfire > Replaced the spark plugs and switched around the coil packs > Cleared the CEL and drove fine for 3 days > Started the car tonight after driving it most of the day and bam CEL > Got home, OBDeleven said...
  11. N

40k DSG Service shops

Hey y'all 40k miles is coming up for me and I was calling around for quotes on the transmission service. This is what I have so far University VW: $500 after tax AchTuning: $575 after tax Carter VW: $530 after tax I've seen posts where people said they paid $375 but I was wondering if these...
  12. N

Trade: 18" BBS CH-R for Austin or Nogaro + Cash

I'm in Seattle. I have Nogaros in my attic but they're pretty damn curb rashed. They have stock tires on the that have probably around 15k miles done to them
  13. N

Trusted Audio shop or dealer that can install Helix Soundbox? (Portland, OR)

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/found-the-cheapest-helix-subwoofer-000051419b-currently.364504/ I ordered from there. After getting the tools, it took me around 3-4 hours to install if I remember correctly and $30 to get it programmed at the dealership. I DIY'd with 0...
  14. N

Hatch weather seal sticking together causing leaks during rain

Roger that. What do you recommend cleaning the weatherstripping with so it doesn't look shiny? I've never treated it with anything. I think it's shiny because of soap leaking onto it and drying when I was the car.
  15. N

Hatch weather seal sticking together causing leaks during rain

Thanks! I'll give this a try and see if I can solve it before if I find out if warranty covers it next Tuesday!