GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mud4

1. mud4

Factory Brake fluid question. Is the VW stuff low viscosity?

I'll go with 2 liters just to be safe. Thanks for the thorough information! Thank you!
  2. mud4

Thanks guys! I guess my main question was, is the factory fluid LV? I'm assuming if I go to the dealer they're going to use the product I posted above?
  3. mud4

About to do brakes on my GTI and I keep reading that VW recommends DOT 4 LV fluid. I'm looking at online sites and see the OEM VW fluid (Part Number B0007501LDSP) and it doesn't state LV like other products. It's factory VW/Audi so I'm assuming it's the safe bet to use in our cars, and probably...
  4. mud4

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Same. I don't want snow, but now that I've got dedicated winter and summer wheels, I kind of want to see how good these tires actually are. My stock Pirelli's were garbage, and only had about 20k on them. Last year the car literally slid sideways down my driveway with just a very light layer...
  5. mud4

What are your favourite winter tires?

Haven't seen it asked, but on the stock 18" wheels, what size tires can you put on safely? I was looking for General Altimax Winters but they don't come in the factory size for the GTI.
  6. mud4

Problems/questions about gas mileage

Dude, I'm blown away by this car. I expected mid 20s since it's a turbo 4, but my lifetime average (since brand new) is a bit over 33mpg. I do a lot of highway but just yesterday I did about 220 miles and averaged 40mpg (all highway). Even getting on it I'll still average high 20s/low 30s...
  7. mud4

Official Great Falls Green Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

New wheels and (summer) tires installed!
  8. mud4

Anyone have issues buying from ModdedEuros?

Sounds like that's the issue. I feel like I'm being patient, I'm just disappointed in how the product is advertised. If it's not in stock and ready to ship same business day, they shouldn't be putting that on the website. The lack of information is what annoyed me. Unless I reached out, I'd have...
  9. mud4

My CC was charged and I confirmed with them via email about 5 days after my order. They responded quickly and said they received my order, it's being processed and it should update with tracking info soon. That original statement was 2 weeks ago. I followed up again to see what was going on and...
  10. mud4

Thanks guys. New to the VW community and first purchase from them. Just wanted to make sure they're legit. I'll stay patient and hope they get here sooner rather than later. Going on about 3 weeks now. Really excited since they're gonna be my summer setup. New tires are already sitting in the...
  11. mud4

Just curious if anyone has had issues lately. I bought a set of wheels mid March and I still have no tracking/shipping info. I've emailed with support a couple of times and have been given a new ETA of 4/8. When I log onto the site and go to my account it shows no purchase history on file. The...
  12. mud4

Confused about backspacing/width

Thank you! Tire size was my next question. I'm looking at Michelin Pilot Sport 4s in 235/40/18s. Sounds like that size will work without rubbing!
  13. mud4

Confused about backspacing/width

Hi all, I'm running a 2018 stock GTI at the moment and want to purchase a set of Neuspeed RSE10s, but I was hoping to fill the wheel wells a bit so I can get a more 'flush' look. I've been reading a bunch of threads but I'm still confused on what size I actually want. I'm not planning on...
  14. mud4

Ignition button vehicle logic question and jump starting

Couple questions. First, if you push the start button and then leave the vehicle with the key fob on you, will the car eventually realize that the key isn't there, and go dark, or will the ignition stay on and drain the battery? I ask because I parked my car while away for a couple days at the...