GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mrd8cd

1. M

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

I'm on v2.51 and the variable timing now kicks in at 3500 RPM for me, just as Ed has described. It used to kick in right at 3000 RPM on stock and all tune revisions before v2.51. This is normal for v2.51.
  2. M

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

Hey guys with the stage 2 v2.51 file, I was experiencing the same symptoms of super touchy throttle in 1st gear while engaging the clutch too. However, it eventually subsided and returned to v2.0 levels of sensitivity. So either the car "learned" something, or I got used to it. Stick with it...
  3. M

Definitive VAQ and XDS Settings in OBDEleven / VCDS

Thanks for the input guys. Does anyone know where the "increased traction" setting is in OBDEleven?
  4. M

Thanks sir! I'll try out those settings this weekend.
  5. M

Yes, I do. I thought about mentioning that after I created the post, but I thought it would go without saying since I put VAQ in the title and mentioned that I have a sport trim, which came with the lighting and performance packs.
  6. M

After a ton of searching and reading on the forums, I couldn't find definitive answers to what our VAQ and XDS settings should be for optimum traction and handling. There are so many conflicting answers out there that it's nearly impossible to determine the "right" answer. A little backstory...
  7. M

OBDeleven engine on or off?

Yeah, I had a feeling it might be because it's still in beta on iOS. Maybe I'll try it again and see if the page loads. Kinda ironic that you can do complex adaptations but can't just view live engine data.
  8. M

OBDeleven engine on or off?

Does anyone know how to see your IATs in OBDEleven next gen on iOS? I tried going into 01 engine > live data with the engine running, and nothing displayed. The page was completely blank. I would like to see how my new intercooler is performing without having to use the cobb access port...
  9. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I did! I actually have one of the v1 downpipes that was installed over 2 years ago. This trip was mainly for the FMIC install and some other small things. VAQ fluid swap, rear sway bar tightening, downpipe clamp replaced, etc.
  10. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Hey that's me! Well worth the 700+ mile trip to meet Jake and have him put his top notch quality parts on my car, as well as correct some install goofs that myself and so-called professional shops had done. Highly recommended to anyone who wants the absolute best for their car! Also, yes I...
  11. M

Another EQT convert and a few questions...

I'd highly recommend using a battery tender for the initial flash since it takes a solid 15 minutes to install the Cobb AP to your car the first time, and you definitely don't want your battery dying during the flash process. After the initial flash, it only takes 1-2 mins if you ever want to...
  12. M

*SOLD* FS: OBDeleven

*SOLD* $45 OBO. 1st generation OBDeleven in great condition. Comes with original box.
  13. M

H&R 26mm RSB thoughts?

danvilla was confused because I posted your video review of your 26mm sway bar, but MY signature shows 24mm. It was cleared up a few posts later when someone said that I wasn't the guy in the video. I just posted it on your behalf haha.