GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mr Juicebox

1. Mr Juicebox

MK7 rear ended. Is it totaled?

UPDATE 1: The car is totaled. lots of rear frame damage coming to a total of $17,000. UPDATE 2: Progressive wrote me a check for $21,000! Stopped on highway for traffic and guy hit me doing about 40mph. Not that much exterior damage but i'm worried about the frame. Also, the rear doors can't...
  2. Mr Juicebox

Eliminating wheel hop

So far i have Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 summer tires and 034 dogbone mount, but I still have some wheel hop in 1st and 2nd gear. 6MT. What can i do/install to remove the final amount of wheel hop?
  3. Mr Juicebox

AWE TBE catted, tune or no tune?

Considering getting the AWE Track TBE w/cat and I needed to know if you should get the car tuned or no? What are the benefits or downsides w/tune and w/o tune? If I did get any tune at all, I would consider Eurodyne. Thanks
  4. Mr Juicebox

Dyno testing with PTP Turbo Blankets

I was doing a bit of research on turbo blankets and came across this great article. http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/3631/Nerd-O-Scope-Keeping-The-Energy-In-Turbos-Using-PTP-Turbo-Blankets.aspx Does anybody know if someone makes a blanket for our GTI or is it something I have to...
  5. Mr Juicebox

Dealer's no haggling policy

Just picked up a MK7 pp yesterday and just love it. When at the dealer, their big claim to fame was best pricing first, no haggling When i spec'ed out the car i wanted, it was 28,750. Dealer came back with the "best price" of 28.500. That's only 1% off of MSRP. So of course, I haggled and got...