GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mon2s

1. mon2s

Tyre noise

My 2014 GTD has factory fit Bridgestone 225/40/18 all round. I replaced the front tyres at 18k with the same brand as I like to keep the car OEM. The car has now done 25k and over the last 5k the rear of the car has developed a sound a lot like worn wheel bearings. I took it to VW last...
  2. mon2s

Diesel 'R' for the Mk8?

According to Autoexpress the Mk8 GTD, due in 2017 will use 'a more potent version' of the all new 2.0 Bi-turbo diesel engine just fitted to the Passat. It currently kicks out 237BHP and 500nM of torque so I can only guess that in the Golf, this will be marketed as the diesel 'R' with the GTD...
  3. mon2s

Newbie who can't find the right section...

Yes its standard
  4. mon2s

Newbie who can't find the right section...

Welcome to the forum Barry. Nice colour - there is a red GTD with pano roof down the road from me and it does make me doubt my own colour choice it looks so good! It might be a bit lacking in power after an M3 but I think you'll love it all the same.
  5. mon2s

Nice attention to detail VW

While cleaning my black GTD wheels yesterday, I noticed that VW have used black balancing weights on the inner rims rather than the ordinary silver colour. Nice (My last two cars from another German car company had factory black wheels but they just used silver balancing weights!) I also...
  6. mon2s

Newbie - just ordered Limestone GTD

A quick pic of my pride and joy (thanks to Mark V for the tutorial in how to get my pic onto the site) - collected the car yesterday. A million things to learn about it. Boy, its a nice drive. I've come from a Merc and this is a much better quality interior and there are no rattles either -...
  7. mon2s

Newbie - just ordered Limestone GTD

Hi everyone, I've just ordered my GTD! Can't wait. Its currently showing build week 13 apparently. Mid to end of April delivery. Its a few years since I've owned a VW. My last one was a 52 plate Mk4 GT 130PD. I loved that car! Anyhow, hoping to learn a lot and while away the...