GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mkygod

1. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

The fit looks nice, but also seems crazy reflective.
  2. M

Possible Workaround for those who experienced issues with Android Auto + Spotify

Sometimes when you skip a track on Spotify (through Android Auto), the sound would suddently stop working and eventually the infotainment system or Android Auto would crash/reboot after a few minutes of silence. It seems specific to MIB2 based system of VW group cars (vw/audi/skoda/seat). I've...
  3. M

Attaching an eyelet to the battery terminal

So it turns out the nut on the battery terminal is captive which is preventing me from connecting a cable with an eyelet connection. I'm trying to install this onto my battery terminal so I can regularly charge my car: What are my best options? These are some potential solutions I can...
  4. M

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

That's not how it works. It works the same way the light sensor does on your phone. In dim lighitng, the brightness dims, in bright lighting, it brightens. This is because in dark environments, your eyes pickup faint light better, so there is no need to brighten the dials. A bright dial is...
  5. M

2017 Honda Civic Type R Priced From $33,900 In The U.S.

I've noticed that a lot of Honda Civic Type-R video reviews i've watched brags about how there is practically zero torque steer and that the car can accelerate hard w/o even touching the wheel. They make it sound like some kind of new trick feature. Couldn't the GTI/R already do this?
  6. M

Why does the RPM needle in my GTI drop so instantaneously after every shift? It does it faster than every car i've ever driven. Is it a byproduct of having DSG or is that just how the RPM meter operates on these VW cars?
  7. M

MK7.5 bumper swap?

I want to see about upgrading my Mk7 GTI FRONT bumper to the MK7.5 GTI but there's some questions that needs to be answered: 1) will the MK7.5 bumper fit on a MK7 GTI with the stock MK7 lights and fenders? 2) would be a straight 1:1 swap? (same mounting points and foglight connectors with no...
  8. M

Looks great. What brand film did u get?
  9. M

What shade did you get? looks like 35
  10. M

Looks good actually. These are the 19 inchers? Did it raise your ground clearance?
  11. M

For those with sunroofs, are the black panels around the sunroof made of plastic like the B pillar panels or is it painted metal? I want to know if they scratch easily like the B pillars.
  12. M

Pop-up traffic message: "Vehicle traveling down the wrong direction"

Okay, so i've complained about this a few times before in threads like "Most annoying thing about your GTI", but i've never heard of any kind of solution in the last 16 months since i've owned the car. This is the pop-up i get which happens on average once a week in the middle of driving: As...
  13. M

I like the Austins too. They stand out without looking too complicated or racy. There's not many wheels that will look better without having to lower the car, IMO. The only things i can knock them for is that they hide too much of the calipers and their ease of getting curb rash.
  14. M

I kinda like that silver to black gradient in the paint. Why isn't this more of a thing?
  15. M

Deautokey License plate LEDs (Option 2 w/ No resistors)

So i ordered these from Deautokey but they sent me 2 pairs by mistake. They said i could keep the extra pair, so im selling it to someone that needs it. Here's the link to the product: http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-gti-license-plate-leds-error-free-plug-play I'm selling these for $16...