GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mkca

1. M

DIY: OEM Lighting Package (AFS Bi-xenon) Retrofit

Successfully did this retrofit— a couple of steps in OP were either missing or not quite clear. Coding vis a professional coder was a necessity for me. will elaborate in a couple weeks
  2. M

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

hey I’m having issues with the basic settings part— I’ve done all the wiring, installation. 4B only has the one error (basic light settings), 29 & 39 have no errors, & D6/7 both have one error each. The only step I can’t successfully code is this damn basic setting part.
  3. M

what is the part number for a compatible gateway module in a mk7.5?
  4. M

thanks-- it used to be called the AFS module but now it's called the 4B if i correctly understand (sounds like it's also by the dead-pedal then). I figured I could avoid getting that harness just because my car already has automatic headlights, i have a mk 7.5 gsw
  5. M

I believe the 4B and the CAN Gateway are separate parts. -- The other question I had for the posters here is if this adapter set can be used instead of the aliexpress harness linked in OP: https://www.kufatec.com/en/volkswagen/vw-golf/golf-7-5q/adapter-for-bi-xenon-with-led-drl-for-vw-golf-7-40208
  6. M

i know a guy parting out a totaled 2018 Golf R-- is the 4B module easy to get to ? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to access it.
  7. M

when i google this part, it says it's just for the arteon -- 3Q0907338C anyone know what the part number is for a 2018 golf R? thanks!
  8. M

DIY: OEM Lighting Package (AFS Bi-xenon) Retrofit

anyone know how this retrofit changes with the advent of the mk7.5 halogens with the led strip? this thread is awesome but applies moreso to the mk7 gen
  9. M

If You Are In Need of Parts -- Good Samaritan Thread

if anyone's in Canada with a Golf R RSB lmk!
  10. M

Swapping Speedometer Needles

Dope— thanks so much. Any need for like pliers to remove the needles? Someone on a thread I read was saying you gotta keep it clamped as you remove or it can de-calibrate or something (idk)
  11. M

Swapping Speedometer Needles

Hi gang, I'm going through "operation retrofit" with my NA Sportwagen 7.5 right now, turning it into a wannabe Golf R Estate. I've bought the steering wheel, door panels, lights, seats, etc. One thing I was thinking of is the speedometer needles. You can find them here and there for sale...
  12. M

GOLF MK7 (Base model) ACC RETROFIT ! DIY

something about abs module too I think?
  13. M

GOLF MK7 (Base model) ACC RETROFIT ! DIY

hey everyone-- I have a 2018 golf sportwagen s without acc, but i recently came across a golf r steering wheel for cheap with airbag and the ACC button-- what parts will i need to retrofit my 2018 with acc if i already have the steering wheel? thanks!
  14. M

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

care to send it to another place in Canada?