GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mk_GTI

1. Mk_GTI

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Those are 17's?? No way. Looks great!
  2. Mk_GTI

VW Golf R 2016 coolant system problem.

Waterpump was replaced on my 2018 R at 30k miles. Still smelling coolant at 53K miles and level drops slowly over a year or so. Dealer looked at it again last week and said all is well. Told them it isn't because I should NOT be smelling coolant all the time.
  3. Mk_GTI

7.5 R 2020 front creaky suspension

Took my 2018 R with 52k miles that is still under factory warranty to the dealer last week for this issue. They said nothing was wrong and would not investigate further. I wasn't happy with that answer.
  4. Mk_GTI

Issue with removing spark plug - something concerning possibly found

Piece of the coil boot stuck to the plug and ripped off. You may want to replace that coil pack. Dab some dielectric grease on the inner coil boots so they don't stick like that again. This is a common problem.
  5. Mk_GTI

Ran a 8.417 @ 81.15 on an ⅛ mi drag strip

Corrected for altitude, that's about what my car ran.
  6. Mk_GTI

Any Update on the Replacement for 3g Car-net

Got a couple letters about it, but no dates. Dealer doesn't know when the part will arrive. No big deal, since I'm not subscribing to Car Net anyways.
  7. Mk_GTI

Thanks for catching my error. I put an ⅛ mile trap speed instead of a ¼ mile. Estimating around 104-105mph trap speed in the 1/4. The ⅛ mile time calculates ¼ mi ET around 13.18 uncorrected for that day. Better weather, track conditions and proper tires should be at least 4-5 tenths. Best ET of...
  8. Mk_GTI

So you're saying my car should run the same times on an all season tire as it would a race tire? If that were the case, a Top Fuel dragster could run All Seasons and not lose any ET. The 60ft is where the matters most and where the stickier tires come into play. Shave 0.1 off the 60ft and that...
  9. Mk_GTI

FYI - Pilot All Season 4 are not sticky race tires. Sticky race tires provide far more traction. Haldex is fine.
  10. Mk_GTI

Running 245/40/18 Pilot AS4s and did do the fender screw mod. Not hearing any rubbing sounds, but I'll check to make sure they are not still contacting the fender.
  11. Mk_GTI

Last week, I went with a group that rented out English Hill Dragway in Newport, TN. 2018 Golf R DSG - no mods other than Apex SM10 wheels, which are about 5lbs lighter each than Englishtowns. This track was not prepped well and kinda bumpy. Temps were 82ºF with 50% humidity and 1,055ft...
  12. Mk_GTI

Any alignment changes needed over factory settings for running 18x8.5 SM-10 on a stock 2018 R?
  13. Mk_GTI

**SOLD** VW Golf R 19" Englishtown wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 tires (Chicago)

SOLD Golf R 19" Englishtown wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 tires. Wheel: 19x8 ET50 Tires: 235/35/19 Good condition, minor curb rash on one wheel (pictured) and no bends or cracks. Tires have no plugs or repairs. Two tires have 10k miles and two have 6k miles. No wheel bolts or caps...
  14. Mk_GTI

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Did some fresh brakes and fluid flush today. Textar pads and Zimmerman rotors all around.