GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mk620T

1. M

Feeler - Boxster S brake kit - 800 shipped

Grettings - putting out a feeler on my Porsche Boxster S Brembo brake kit from my TDI. I ran this setup for about 4 months until I sold my mk7. This kit includes: 2x Boxster S Brembo callipers powdercoated Ferrari yellow 2x Zimmerman rotors from a 2007 A4 2.0T Quattro Apikol Boxster S brake...
  2. M

FS: Mk7 ECS Flush Mount Spacer Kit - $150 shipped

Selling my ECS flush mount spacer kit. Took this off my Golf TDI before I sold it one day before Dieselgate! Used for about 6 months - performed flawlessly. $150 shipped to continental US. $120 picked up in Houston, TX. Includes: 2x 20mm spacers 2x 15mm spacers 20 extended lug bolts
  3. M

Welcome diesel-centric people!

Wow. Very surprised to see this here but pleased! I know this is the GTD subforum, but this is a great opportunity for all Diesel enthusiasts. I'm looking forward to seeing this area develop.
  4. M

TDI Fuel Filter Change

Just changed the fuel filter on my 2015 TDI with the new ea288 150hp engine. I purchased the fuel filter from VW - it ran about $50. Tools needed: Torx screwdrivers - only one can't remember size Some wire, string, or a bungee cord A towel VCDS (Maybe, unsure but I did try to use it) 1 -...
  5. M

Replacement key

So I lost one of my keys yesterday at six flags - can't believe it as I've never lost one before. Of course I was 3.5 hours from home and had an amazing friend drive the other key out to me! I'm wondering what my options are. How much will a new key run at the dealer? I have the key...
  6. M

Interior color

I have a U.S. TDI SE with the beige interior. I'm wondering if the ROW Shetland beige is the same color. Perhaps if someone can pull a part number off a seat or beige interior piece of their choice on a Shetland, I can pull the corresponding U.S. part number to compare. I'm interested in...
  7. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

So here's the brake calipers and a shot of the wheels on my car - which now looks like most of the stock cars with VWR springs haha. The "imperfections" in the powder coating near the top happened during the test fit - luckily you can't really see it once the pad pins are in. The last shot it...
  8. M

Put my new Austins and tires that I bought off a forum member. I know, I know, but I have a TDI so it makes a pretty big difference. And received my Porsche Boxster S calipers back from powdercoating - now Ferrari yellow.
  9. M

Awesome TDI Mileage

Drove from downtown Houston to the suburbs today about 2PM and managed to get 73.1mpg over 26 miles of mixed city and highway driving. I headed back at 5PM (rush hour traffic with frequent sub-15mph bouts) and managed to do even better at 73.7mpg. I'm loving this car, and i'm glad I got the...
  10. M

FS: VagCom Micro-Can USB cable

SOLD!
  11. M

I'm doing the same thing today :(. Should be picking her up after getting a new xenon headlight. Couple of donuts in the rain, headlight (only one) starts to cry from the inside, and then it's led u/ring/halo went out. At least they gave me a loner - I'm pretty impressed with the 1.8t.
  12. M

LED drl bs

So, following some fun donuts this past weekend after TX2k15 was rained out, one of my LED drls went out. It gave me a bulb out warning. So I went to the parts desk of a local Vw dealer to see if I could get a replacement bulb. Turns out, the bulb or whatever they use to light up the drl isn't...
  13. M

Tinted 35% all around, led trunk bulb, ECS flush mount spacer kit, and the fender screw mod.
  14. M

What color to powder coat Porsche brakes for my black golf?

I've had the good fortune to receive Porsche Boxtser S/ 911 front calipers for free. They function properly, but have been sitting on a Boxster in a salvage yard in south Texas and need to be powder coated. What color should I do to go on my black TDI. Brembo red, Ferrari yellow, black...
  15. M

Egolf parking brake

Has any else noticed that the U.S. eGolf comes with the electronic parking brake and the euro console? I haven't been able to find pictures of the cup holder, but I assume it's the euro one as well. Just food for thought since several have asked about the parking brake. The parts should be...