GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mini7

1. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Found it. Chip Minich 586-484-seven one eight 5
  2. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Are you lowered? Measure the center to center length of your current endlinks. I need to dig up the number. See if Powergrid has a contact number on their website. Im brain farting and cannot remember the guys name to look it up in my contacts.
  3. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Happy Thanksgiving! I want to wish my MQB and Track friends a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. I have a lot to be thankful for and wish you all the very best during the festive holiday season. Stay safe and keep it shiny side up!
  4. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Charlotte’s oval asphalt is rough and bumpy. I was not expecting that. You can still run up to high speeds. It just rattles your fillings out. The inner Roval asphalt is decent. I’m assuming that Daytona is much smoother. My Vmax on VIR’s back straight is 147mph. Not a lot of exit strategies if...
  5. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Road course ovals are unforgiving. After running the Charlotte Motor Speedway as a passenger, I’ve decided that it is not worth the risk. Asphalt surface is really rough. Vmax is seriously fast. If you get a puncture or hit fluid, there is precious little space before you get to the walls...
  6. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

This is sad news.
  7. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

2023 Rugby World Cup Final Not sure if there are any rugby players/rugby fans on here….??? Huge final! This is going to be a humdinger.
  8. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I changed from Performance Friction brake fluid to SRF on the stock PP Brakes. The pedal would fall away in the last third of a session. Have stuck with SRF with my BBK. I ran Endless on my Cooper S when I tracked it and really liked that. Two things that still frustrate me with the GTi braking...
  9. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Thank you for posting the brake ducting photos.
  10. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

OBD11 Coding Hey thought I would do a quick post here in case someone has the answer. Was trying to wrap up my VAQ ECU replacement and run the VAQ pump adaptions using OBD11. Had a communication error through the gateway bus, where it was not communicating with Module 32 Diff lock. While...
  11. M

VIR Season Finale HPDE - December 9th and 10th

@Mini7 is a strong possibility. I’ve reserved a garage and it room. Need to figure whether I will run R-comps or street tires. My all season street tires are running out of tread on the rears.
  12. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Agree totally. In tank is the simplest and safer solution.
  13. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Yeah. I’ve resisted the FSB. If it gives me the front end I’ve been chasing, I will be eating some humble pie. Im super curious myself.
  14. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Running a tuned IS38. So my GTi fueling is running close to the stock pump limits. Every now and then I brain fart and run my tank below a third full and get fuel starvation hard cuts down the front straight at VIR. Radium makes quality products. I was looking at a Nuke surge tank, but prefer...
  15. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

700 hp on track is not useable. 340 is challenging enough. Just want to keep things reliable. Looking for a clean simple solution. I saw the Area4 Motorsport protec solution. EQT’s version appears a little different and is $700-800 more which is crazy. Was curious whether anyone has gone this...