GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MiamiBourne

1. MiamiBourne

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

A friend of mine got some VMR V810’s that are 19 X 8.5” et45. He was over as I was installing an H&R RSB so I figured why not test fit them. They cleared just enough I think.
  2. MiamiBourne

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

On a side note I did get to test some wheels on the TTRS calipers. My friend bought some VMR V810 19x8.5 et45 and he was over for me to install his H&R RSB. I figured why not test the fitment. These well clear just enough.
  3. MiamiBourne

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Update... So after driving around for about 500 miles I would say that the brakes feel absolutly fine now. Over time that the pedal feel would get better with each drive. I'm assuming the pads/rotors were just breaking in over time. I had ordered some additional brake fluid since I was going...
  4. MiamiBourne

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

I feel like I’m close and since I’m using FCP for the RBF600 fluid, I can just order another round and do a bleed. I want to do the ABS stops as a precaution. I have to bleed my clutch anyway so why not do one more bleed. The more I drive the pedal seems to feel a little better so I want to...
  5. MiamiBourne

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

I’m not sure to be honest. I’m just going to do these as a precautionary measure…unless by the time I get to around 500 or so miles the brakes feel fine. Honestly whenever I swap pads I feel the pedal is softer than I expect and over time the brake pedal would go back to normal. You can could...
  6. MiamiBourne

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Minor update: I’m about 260 miles in with that I will consider the ‘break in‘ period. Pedal feels good but I’m just not sure if I need to follow what was instructed in the ‘Macan’ thread and do some ABS stops followed by a final bled. I’ll probably do this just to calm my OCD. FCP Euro...
  7. MiamiBourne

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Question in terms of activating ABS when following the brake bleeding procedure in the first post. How are people going about activating ABS? Are they just driving up to a certain mph and slamming on the brakes or maybe go to a place where the ground is a bit loose and apply the brakes. I...
  8. MiamiBourne

Golf R 7 headlight bulbs replacement

Great, thanks. So it seems HID Concepts is legit. I don't have fogs unforturenly since I have a Golf R. I was always jealous of the GTi's having fogs.
  9. MiamiBourne

Golf R 7 headlight bulbs replacement

Any thoughts on buying these from HID Conepts? https://www.hidconcept.com/products/d3s-osram-7000k-cool-blue-boost-66340cbb-hid-xenon-bulbs-pack-of-2 I didn't see these on TheRetrofitSource website and when I contacted them they said they do not carry these, but they do carry the CBI version...
  10. MiamiBourne

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Nice pad list...I'll take a look at those others you mentioned. Especially the TRW Ultra THX1600's. I had the original TRW Ceramic TPC1633 and I thought they did great for daily driving, barely any dust and didn't have an issue in performance until a specific Bear Mountain Run where I had...
  11. MiamiBourne

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

I now remember that we have had conversations in the past about pads...specifically the TRW Ceramics for the Golf R front that got replaced by a slightly different compound from TRW. I never got a chance to try the newer verson since my TRW ceramics still had life left in them. That said, for...
  12. MiamiBourne

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Forgot to reply. Funny, I sort of forgot all about using brake cleaner and I had bought 2 cans and used up the first can. I should have been spraying down all these connections instead of trying to squeeze a blue paper towel to dry the threads...a brain fart for sure...Lol I haven't yet...
  13. MiamiBourne

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Minor update. Took the car for a drive this morning as it was raining all day yesterday. The pedal definitely was too soft and while I did do some slightly aggressive braking, I decided to go home and rebleed the front and rear at 2bar/30psi LF,RF,LR,RR, with the front calipers going outer...
  14. MiamiBourne

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Another update...I finally got around to my rear brakes since I was refreshing I've been on the original rotors and pads and I'm at 68k miles. For the rears I opted for Zimmerman rotors, TRW pads and Neuspeed stainless steel lines as well. It's a good thing I decided to do the rear lines as...