GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by meech

1. meech

Caspar and Osha

Osha Goes Manual (back) It only felt right to swap Osha back to manual. Fresh paint and all. Eventually it will be swapped back to R/C but until then this will definitely do.
  2. meech

Caspar and Osha

Osha Restoration (back) One year later and I finally finished sanding and painting her. Wish I had pictures of it rusted over... sanding the paint off the frame was without a doubt the hardest thing I've done in my 20 years of being alive. With hindsight I wouldn't have undertook the task but...
  3. meech

How old is too old for tires?

I went to check out a set of wheels and tires and noticed a few things that concerned me. The seller had Toyo Proxes 4's with two tires at 8/32 and two at 6/32. He had explained how he replaced two of the tires however they all seemed to have the same tire date on them. They were made five years...
  4. meech

Caspar and Osha

Update April 26th. I found a couple pics that didn't make the cut for a post but since I have no content why not post them... Also, i've upgraded from my shitty iphone 6s so better quality pics from here on out!
  5. meech

Caspar and Osha

Update April 1st. Figured i'd update this thread since its gone dormant for a few months. I am a college student who prior to now was commuting to college in Chicago. Shortly before COVID-19 I signed a lease for an apartment downtown with a couple friends. Given recent events Caspars mods have...
  6. meech

Caspar and Osha

JB1 (back) This JB1 is the best bang for your buck mod! I'd strongly recommend going with a used JB1 over a neuspeed power module or any other competitors due to the fact that you can get burger motorsports platform which dominates the piggyback tune game for the exact same price. Used these...
  7. meech

FS: 18" VMR V810 Wheels and Tires

If these find their way to Chicago then I am interested
  8. meech

18x8 Team Dynamics Prorace 1.2

hmmmmmm :unsure:
  9. meech

Help With LED Light Tweaks

Bump. Anyone know how to turn off the side indicator light?
  10. meech

Help With LED Light Tweaks

I'm looking to do two tweaks: 1)Make DRL lights include parking light led (currently only on when I have the switch on parking lights) 2)Turn side LED indicator lights off I've got an obdeleven however I am not familiar with the different functions. Any help would be great.
  11. meech

Caspar and Osha

Osha General Information (back) Osha started off as an ordinary go kart. I mounted a new 6.5hp predator engine and custom made torque converter onto her and ripped the thing around all summer and had a blast. One day I was talking with my friends and we proposed the idea of making it a...
  12. meech

Caspar and Osha

It's got the 6.5hp (212cc) predator engine with a torque converter. It tops out around 30mph but its still a blast. Now that Osha is wirelessly controlled with an r/c controller it's a little sketchier but still fun! ps. ignore the rust... she hasn't ran in a while
  13. meech

Chicagoland Chat Thread

So I have yet to take my car in for any work but I want to get my water pump issue fixed properly. Does anyone know of any good shops in the chicagoland area that are reasonably priced and specialize in vw so that I can get the proper work done for my car?
  14. meech

Caspar and Osha

Ebay Drop in Air Filter (back) I'm coming up on 60,000 miles and the stock air filter had to be changed. I decided to go with an ebay one because I wanted max induction/turbo sound and I figured the cheapest one should get me that. Engine noise is noticeably different both inside and outside...
  15. meech

Caspar and Osha

ECS Flush Kit, Gloss Black VW Badges, Klii Rear Badge Insert, OEM Audi LED License Plate Housings (Cosmetic Mods) (back) With the addition of these cosmetic mods my gti has a new demeanor. Must have mods in my opinion to change the look of your stock gti. And they are really easy and cheap! Oh...