GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MeatCat

1. MeatCat

WTB one used OEM Austin Wheel for GTI South Florida

I found one. Closed
  2. MeatCat

WTB one used OEM Austin Wheel for GTI South Florida

I’ve got a little crack in my rim causing a slow leak. I’d like to purchase one OEM Austin Wheel. I’m in South Florida. Thanks!
  3. MeatCat

Anyone just turn in this car? Recognize it?

Bought a used 2017 autobahn. Let’s see how long I can last without a tune. I had Eurodyne 1.5 on my last car. How does the canned Cobb tune compare?
  4. MeatCat

lol. I was hoping someone would come on here and be like “that’s Jim Bob’s car and its mechanical perfection.”
  5. MeatCat

I’m in between getting a new 2019 and a used GTI. My car was tuned... drove a 2020 GTI at the dealer today and it felt sooooo slow. I’m not crazy about buying someone’s tuned car unless I knew they took real good car of it.
  6. MeatCat

So my 2015 GTI is totaled ? 19 year old girl rear ended us. Checking out some used GTIs and found this one for sale by off lease only. Wondering if anyone happens to recognize this car and knows the mod. Anyone want to sell me an SE DSG?!
  7. MeatCat

VCDS headlight tweaks

Hi! I have the lighting package but a bad headlight :( My passenger side HID went bad. I recoded the headlights with VCDS to use the low beams for the DRLs. Any idea how I can recode the headlights to also turn off the HIDs? See pictures to see what I mean. This is the car with recoded DRLs.
  8. MeatCat

Hybrid GTI?

How impossible would it be to pop in a rear differential/suspension from a Golf R to a GTI and instead of hooking up a drive shaft... AN ELECTRIC MOTOR? Now you have an AWD hybrid electric GTI. Seems like a reasonably smart person (not me) might be able to make a program to read throttle...
  9. MeatCat

HID issue, what to replace with?

Hello! My car has the lighting package and one headlight has a problem. The passenger side square light LED or whatever does not work. It's the light that functions as day time running lights. Two VW dealerships said it's $1,200 to fix (replace the whole housing). What options do I have to...
  10. MeatCat

FS: Neuspeed Engine Mount/Torque Arm Insert

It's the one that looks like this: https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Drivetrain/Mounts-c-914/Engine-Mount-Insert-MQB-MK7-GTI-8V-Audi-A3-S3.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwaDQleiE1gIVlUwNCh0sTQprEAQYAyABEgKVcfD_BwE Held up great in all the time it was on my car. No warping, squishing or wearing that I can...
  11. MeatCat

Where to buy interior parts?

Hey so I basically ruined the entire passenger side interior of my car! Driving late at night I hit my breaks when an animal ran into the road and a gallon of oil based primer basically exploded in my car.:( Waiting to see how much $$$ my insurance company will give me but any good places to...
  12. MeatCat

Golf R exhaust cam upgrade?

Just wondering if anyone is considering this upgrade for their GTI? The exhaust cam is supposed to be a little bigger. You should be able to buy one through a dealership, no? With the GTI having higher compression this could be a pretty good mod. Anyone have specs on the gti cam vs golf r cam?
  13. MeatCat

Wife Approved Rims. Help!

I'll spare the boring details but in summary I may need to buy some rims... But my wife has to be in agreement. From what I've discerned by showing her pictures they must be 5 spoke rims and "not too spokey". If you can suggest some nice looking rims you like that would be awesome because there...
  14. MeatCat

Blending Fuel

I want to start messing with blending fuel a bit. 1 gallon of E85 with 93 octane seems pretty standard. And would be convenient since there is a station nearby. There is also a station in my area that I believe sells Sunoco 104 octane unleaded and oxygenated fuel. Could I blend that? And how...
  15. MeatCat

The Official Pet Thread

Pepper - Chinese Crested Chihuahua mix.