GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Maximum Bob

1. M

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Direct from Lithuania... I prefer these to the Mojo mats, they're a lot more subtle. https://www.ebay.com/itm/352888759144
  2. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Drove it to the drug store the long way around. 24 miles around. I know, I know, I shouldn't have what with gas prices being what they are. But... I just couldn't help it.
  3. M

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

Just washed. Next... new wheels.
  4. M

The OBD11 I ordered came in. Adjusted Improved Throttle Response, the XDS setting and Sport Steering. All three are well worth it, the car is... crisper, with sharper responses. Not a great deal but enough to make the OBD11 worthwhile. Turned the five brake lights on too and turned off the...
  5. M

DSG lever trim replacements

This one's a little less and it's on Ebay, although it ships from China. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-Set-Shift-Knob-Gear-Side-Cover-DSG-With-Red-Trim-For-VW-Golf-Jetta-Passat/254194043697?hash=item3b2f254b31:g:7iUAAOSwE8dcrESa
  6. M

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Actually, I didn't use them for the seat lever inserts. If you look at the photo I posted above, I used one as a GTI "plaque" on the right side of the dashboard trim. Just an experiment, so we'll see. I've seen pictures of them somewhere online though.
  7. M

That does it. Thanks. Yeah, I think I'll go with this one - https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-VW-Tiguan-07-16-Alloy-Trim-Surround-For-Lights-Switch-Chrome-Ring-x-1-New/292179326825?hash=item44073eb769:g:JlYAAOSwpINZZLhd. About the same price with a mid-to-late February delivery. Thanks again.
  8. M

Large amount of window condensation?

Do you drive with your air conditioning on or off? If off, try leaving the air con on all the time with the heat turned up to your liking. the drier in the air con system should keep the interior air dry. I'd try this first anyway.
  9. M

I searched for this but wasn't able to find anything. Do you have a link, or maybe I was just using the wrong search nomenclature. Variations of "gti mk7 light switch trim ring" didn't seem to get me anywhere. Are these the "more subdued" mats you mentioned...
  10. M

The sill plates? Lemme check those out. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PC-Rear-Door-sill-scuff-plate-VW-GTI-7-VII-MK7-5door-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-/132713462220 Cool. Reasonable price. On order. Can these be replaced without removing the plastic sill trim? I like the red-border floor mats too, but...
  11. M

How many subtle cosmetics mods can you spot :p? I gotta have most of the interior stuff anyway. Where-to-find this stuff is mostly already out there, but just in case: Knurled Climate Control Ring Kit -...
  12. M

Quick Question Guys - Buying GTI

So my Autobahn is no more. Totaled. No one was hurt and I got a settlement for the full amount I paid for it. So it's good. This is one of the cars I'm looking to replace it, if I can get them close to the CarGuru recommended price...
  13. M

2020 Kia Soul?

I liked it, the turbocharged version anyway. It was on my short list but, for the money (about 30 grand for the turbo IIRC), I could get a GTI. Easy choice for me, but tastes differ. Interesting how many times I've read in some car magazine or other over the years "Yeah, it's a real good car...
  14. M

Mark Higgins drives his STI down English rural and village lanes at 175 mph

Searched, didn't see anything on it. I gotta say, this video is just astonishing to me. The sensation of speed here is unlike anything I've seen in any of the dozens of driving and racing videos I've watched over the years. I had literal OMFG! moments watching this. Hope you enjoy...
  15. M

Thanks. I just realized this thread is what-you-did-to your car, not what-you-did-in your car (whups myself upside head :p).