GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Matt_GTD99

1. M

Cooling hose leaks

Hi all I have noticed my cooling water going down recently (light came on first thing one morning) Found the leaks on 2 hoses (easy access to which is great) I’ve attached 2 pics of the leaking hoses golf mk7 gtd 2013 mod I’m looking to: 1.drain the cooling system but not sure the best way...
  2. M

Can someone identify this part please

Probably cooling leak I’m guessing mate. I’ve seen the stock egr cooler section is prone to leaking anyway, and it’s advised to bypass or change to non oem from what I’ve read which is bizarre
  3. M

Oil leak?

golf gtd mk7 2013 DSG HI all ☺️ So every now and then I get a smell of oil in the cabin when driving (not all the time and it’s hard to pin point when or how) And since I bought the car a few month ago I filled the oil up and it’s already to the 1/4 mark (in around 2 months) So I cleaned the...
  4. M

Forgot to upload eBay photo proof ☺️
  5. M

Yeah sorted Thanks so much for your help @gixxerfool !! It’s the egr valve like the photo from eBay, it has the same markings I can barely see and the plug and hoses facing the correct way. so it’s the throttle body infront and the egr valve directly behind (hopefully this info will help...
  6. M

So I’m a little bit further, the original part I thought was the egr cooler is actually the throttle body As I searched on eBay I found another similar which I believe connects to the cold air intake to the left of my hand. so the part I’m looking for is behind this part
  7. M

Still so hard to indentify 🙈 nightmare haha I’ll keep trying
  8. M

Yeah or maybe the throttle valve module?
  9. M

Legend!!! it’s dark now but in the morning I’m almost certain using this I’ll be able to trace it back!! Thanks so much!! I’ll post my finding ☺️
  10. M

If I had an exploded cooling water diagram I could trace the component down, but I can’t seem to find one
  11. M

Oh sorry I should have said in OP it’s DSG GTD 2.0
  12. M

It’s an absolute nightmare to get a solid shot but these are the best I can get 😔 even if I can sort of work out where it goes to I can work out what it’s cooling. Here are the best I can get hopefully the location of it will benefit somehow
  13. M

It has 2 brass barbs for water cooling to connect to and it’s a metal construction with plastic bolted to it, but I’ll try send a better set of photos
  14. M

I know mate, it’s so hard to show on the photos, I’ll take a few more once I’m home. I’ll Google dsg cooler to see if it looks like it in the meantime