GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by martinm0

1. M

I need a clutch

Have a look over the EQT write up about clutches. Granted they are covering what they offer/sell, but I have been leaning towards the Ringer Racing clutches due to their use with OEM DMFs, but also based on Dave's points around pressure plates and clutch feel...
  2. M

245/40/18 tire frame clearance on golf R

Welcome! If it helps, I'm at only 14k miles on my 2019 (bought new July 2019). Work from home, multiple vehicles, no real commuting. I often just make it a point to go for a drive simply to get out of the house and enjoy the car lol.
  3. M

245/40/18 tire frame clearance on golf R

You'll be fine. I moved to 18x8.5 ET 45 with 245/40/18 PS4S tires this summer and no issues on stock suspension. I'm even planning on installing Bilstein B6 DCC with Eibach Pro springs and don't expect any real issues with that mild drop as well.
  4. M

Anyone fitted Bilstein B16 Damptronic Coilovers?

Agreed on the B16 images. I can't recall where I changed down the info, but I did find some specs that showed min/max drop heights. I think it was something like 1"-1.5", but don't quote me. From what I know about the Eibachs from other cars I've modded, they have always been the modest...
  5. M

Anyone fitted Bilstein B16 Damptronic Coilovers?

I think the consensus is that the Eibach Pro springs are the ones for those interested in only a slight drop from OEM height. I have these along with a set of B6 DCCs that I just need time to install. I'd also recommend looking at FCP Euro for shocks since they offer their lifetime replacement...
  6. M

Top Strut Nut Size - B16 Damptronic

I have the B6 DCCs (not the B16s). On mine: Front strut nuts = 22mm Rear strut nuts = 17mm
  7. M

Golf r mk7.5 window tint

Thanks! So...this is where I was confused with tinting. 35% is how much light is let in and not the darkness of the tint. So it's really more like 65 on a scale of 0-100 (100 being darkest/black). EDIT: My tint is actually 30% (not 35%). This is also ceramic. So far it's great. Seems...
  8. M

Golf r mk7.5 window tint

Here's mine with 35% all around except for front windshield:
  9. M

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

C'mon baby Turbski! If you can get the initials to work out to DTR, I'll buy all the turbo kits!! (I know this is impossible unless you change your last name hahaha).
  10. M

Let's have a Golf R talk. What does this turbo offer us that have an IS38? Convince me this is better than an EQT Stage 1 or 2 tune (93 octane).
  11. M

As a Golf R 6MT with a JB4, I've ben very interested to see what this kit will do for the .:R crew members. I also admit that I am feeling less and less enthused in the last few days with all the action here on this thread. But even with all of that, as soon as I saw FCP had the turbo...
  12. M

ISO/Spotted in Vermont: Black Mk7 GTI/R on Spear St Regularly

Excellent! Good to meet you! Sent you a PM!
  13. M

ISO/Spotted in Vermont: Black Mk7 GTI/R on Spear St Regularly

Looking to see if the owner of a Mk7 GTI/R that travels Spear St (specifically lower Spear in Shelburne/Charlotte) nightly is on this forum. The car clearly has a burble overrun tune as I can hear the car coming for at least a mile or two (enough time for me to run to the window as it drives by...
  14. M

Vermont Shops for Clutch and RMS install

Hey! Fellow Vermonter from the area. You could reach out to Sterling Motorwerks which is out behind the Burlington Airport. They were started by the head VW and Audi mechanics from Lewis Auto (now Shearer). They are my go to for PPIs when buying/selling vehicles, but I've never had any major...
  15. M

my new to me 2018 Golf R

Congrats on the upgrade! I agree with @sterkrazzy's response. I also have a manual, so I can't comment specifically, but I know this can be defeated. Regarding the car pulling, I had this same issue and it was due to the lane keep assist. I usually drive on non-highways and the feature was...