GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Martin398

1. M

E-15 is Coming, So You Might Want to Pay Attention at the Pump

side note: a lot of lawn mowers have written right on the fill cap "NO E15".
  2. M

Rennwagen MK7 GTI Front Splitter

Bumper removal required for installation?
  3. M

Rear door speaker replacement cost

door card removal. https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-rear-door-trim-removal/ if you're comfortable with that you can handle removing the speaker (drilling out 4 rivets) and re sealing the speaker IMO. Whether you do them all at once or just the one is up to...
  4. M

Mass inspections exhaust question

correct about failing. but a disabled monitor is an immediate flag.
  5. M

Mass inspections exhaust question

definitely don't let them hook up the inspection scan tool with any of the OBD readiness monitors disabled... you'll get flagged and have to go to MAC (motorist assistance center)...
  6. M

null

x
  7. M

Unitronic Stage 1 Vs Stage 2 - worth it?

I was Uni for 2 years. Only reason I switched is I went down the rabbit hole of a turbo upgrade and wanting custom tuning. In hindsight I wouldn't go Uni again but not because I was unhappy with it. It was an expensive stop gap while I himmed and hawwed about upgrading the turbo. Uni was fine...
  8. M

DSG service in western MA?

TMD Automotive in Belchertown is a VW/Audi enthusiast owned shop.
  9. M

What is every Stage 2 person doing for OBD emissions testing?

in an OBD readiness state (MA) stage 2 doesn't pass. ask me how I know. lol
  10. M

Aftermarket Turbo Options

with no intent of any E85 fueling... looking for opinions on whether to upgrade to an IS38 or an IS20 hybrid (EQT standard housing or TPC20). I will be tuning with an Accessport so I'll be taking advantage of a custom tune. I know the EQT and/or TPC have more potential for power but I have no...
  11. M

DIVERTER+ failure questions

I installed a DV+when I first got the car... can confirm its more problems than it's worth. stock DV is more than adequate.
  12. M

oil level sensor and bottom oil pan leak help

C revision replaces A. I ordered mine in December of '19. I think A was the only revision available then, I'd get the C now. I haven't had any issues with the A but always best to get most recent. sorry for any confusion was just reading off my order, didn't look if there were any new offerings.
  13. M

C would be a later revision... someone correct me if I'm mistaken Product Information Supersedes to 06K103485C
  14. M

VAG-06K103485A purchased mine from FCP Euro for $16.38