GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Maiden69

1. Maiden69

Headlight crazing

That's a great job. I used to restore headlights with Opti Coat using their coating when I had my business open. Now, since I no longer detail I advise owners to restore the headlights up to 1500-2000 grit and cover them with a good quality PPF. They will last longer and most decent PPF now are...
  2. Maiden69

VW vs Audi Brake Rotors

You are correct, they shouldn't... but, it all depends on the environment, maintenance, how hard you drive it, etc... I burned through the e-coating on a set of brand new brakes on the tail of the dragon with my GLI and I wasn't pushing it, just had my entire family in the car. Also, if you take...
  3. Maiden69

VW vs Audi Brake Rotors

I already have my set mounted, just have to install them in the car, Koni yellows with Eurosport camber puck, H&R OE Sport, and I have the Audi TT pad in hand. I plan on installing them with the pad to see where it stands, measure and order the shox. Then play with the sizing, I had the black...
  4. Maiden69

VW vs Audi Brake Rotors

It does, but if you measure it correctly it would be barely noticeable. I had them in my GTO and in my Camaro. Going to order them once I swap the suspension to the H&R OE Sport. They increase the spring rate slightly, preventing the hard squat you get when accelerating. They used to have only...
  5. Maiden69

VW vs Audi Brake Rotors

I had to check, I didn't know the 18 SQ5 came with the regular 4 pot calipers. My wife upgraded her 2020 Q5 for a 2022 SQ5 and all the models come with the 6 pot brembos, just painted red for the Sport package. Her Q5 brakes did surface rust just like my GTI, I don't think I ever had a car...
  6. Maiden69

Macan Vs TTS callipers

Wow, that's weird as they are almost always cheaper than here. There are a few websites from the US that still have them between $260-290 ea. https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oem-parts/porsche-caliper-95b615123f...
  7. Maiden69

Electric Mini-quad build for m(e)y son

Cool, I'm a little lucky because of the size of the motor needed when it comes to a battery. A Dewalt 6ah will be plenty for what I need and will allow me to do the entire house in one charge. I had a few links for websites that sell sprockets, but somehow either deleted the folder or it was...
  8. Maiden69

What did you do to your mk7 today?

and safety wire... which could fall into locking devises.
  9. Maiden69

Electric Mini-quad build for m(e)y son

I was never a fan of those plastic roller tensioners. You could retrofit an idler sprocket or swap it for a universal bolt-on system. Love your project, I was working on retrofitting an electric motor to an old reel mower, but ended up buying a new one instead.
  10. Maiden69

Acadia Finishes Carbon Cleaning, Car Doesn't Explode And Runs Normally

That's a good find, I look at some other places and the cheapest I found was $10.54. That mini attachment set is pretty neat with the hose, I have the Shop Vac brand for a few years now, best thing ever for small spaces in the car...
  11. Maiden69

Looking good, what polishes did you used? Remember to protect that carbon, ceramic coating or PPF if you can. I don't know how much clear coat they use on them, but normally it is as thin as the clear coat on regular paint. If you go through the clear coat, the infusing resin does not tolerate...
  12. Maiden69

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Those are decent, go slow so you don't overheat the compressor because it will not keep up with the blaster. I started with one of those in 1999, and finally decided to upgrade in 2017. I bought a 60 gal Quincy Q13160VQ. The Kobalt was still working great btw, with a lot of abuse.
  13. Maiden69

Acadia Finishes Carbon Cleaning, Car Doesn't Explode And Runs Normally

I saw the title change and thought you were going for this...
  14. Maiden69

EQT Turbocharger Upgrades are In stock!

I thought the turbine wheel was the same as the standard, just a bigger A/R? https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi/products/eqt-vortex-xl-turbine-housing
  15. Maiden69

Sound clips for sure, are you going to do just the 3.5" mid pipe into your 3" exhaust? I think this would be a good chance to try a 3.5" exhaust all the way to the stealth suitcase, since that one is a 3.5" inlet, bypassing the middle muffler. And probably a 3.5" stealth with a Vibrant 1133...