GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by madwazzabi

1. M

Red ambient lights rear and dash

Your interpretation with the way it is drawn this is what I see, he's scribbled away where the harness spice feeds the new LED (I take this as wires cut, or pins pulled out and put in another connector) and now shows the LED wired in a closed loop with the window switch pin 3 and 4. In that case...
  2. M

Based on that wiring diagram something does look off. Harness should act as a splice and essentially look like a pass through for the window switch connector with another pair of wires in parallel to feed the LED. To complete the picture you need to include the door side of the wiring and where...
  3. M

I believe you're tapping from the power that provides the window button power and the up/down trigger for the motor and it come from the regulator motor. This shouldn't be where you get power and it should be upstream of the window regulator motor. I would also recommend you not mix lighting...
  4. M

In process: Alibaba GTI build

Do you still have your clamshell case that the key and lugs came in. Key number will be inside that case...
  5. M

P334A00 Charge Pressure Actuator

Not on the actuator, it fails due to the downstream joint seizing up. It's the joint that should have anti-seize applied. And yes, should be done as a preventative measure and depending on local climate, should be repeated (annually). The joint in question looks like this:
  6. M

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Depending on your tolerance to the mess in your cubby, the answer is really getting the correct connector and transferring them out from the 18 pin connector. My post here shows which ones get used...
  7. M

P00AF00 Wastegate

Approximate location to stick your arm in can be found on my post here. @Mk7tsi3door, yes you want to work the antiseize into that joint so that it reaches the pin that the joint pivots on.
  8. M

P00AF00 Wastegate

Just a friendly PSA reminder to lube them joints! With the long stretch of humid weather past couple of weeks and my first application of lube drying out, ended up getting a new P256300 error. Looks like this should be an annual thing to do...
  9. M

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

Ah that's unfortunate. I think zoom level of the AID maps is a gazillion times better function than listing destination history. I would jump on an AID upgrade just on that. On a similar vein, on the standard MFD, if the compass mode could simply list each upcoming perpendicular street you are...
  10. M

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

Is this the answer to being able to have zoom controls with maps on the AID? That chat on the topic you had last year with FlorentDB looked like it kinda fizzled out?
  11. M

You should be able to reuse the MDI port, you need an extra 2 pin connector and remove two pins from the outgoing 16 pin connector just for the analog input USB 5V and common. See here for what I did. For the analog input, you'll need an additional 4 cable connector and associated pins from the...
  12. M

Looking for a partnummer from a light

So to those who ever needs to replace the driver side interior door handle LED ambient lighting... I finally got mine replaced. It seems that when the door card is assembled, the LED gets put in place before a separate piece gets plastic welded together. Therefore the proper way would have been...
  13. M

Just a PSA/friendly reminder on doing 3Q0035047# or 5NA035026#, you must upgrade your amp to the MIB2 amp (5Q0035456). So far, accounts of having the MIB1 fender amp work has so far been with the Discover media (8XX parts) and the ROW discover pro parts. No one has figured out yet how to make...
  14. M

To my understanding, the 8XX part numbers are non Pro parts while 0XX part numbers are Discover Pro. NAR Discover Pro found in the eGolf and 2017 CDN golf R should be 3Q0035047#. It's not that the Discover Media can't show NAV in the AID, it's just you can't see NAV in BOTH the AID and main...
  15. M

Looking for a partnummer from a light

I googled 5G0.947.356 D nada, then I googled 5G0947356 D nada again, now I just googled 5G0947356D o_O You'd think Googles algorithms wouldn't be so strict! Thanks! time to buy some parts.