GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by madelinot

1. M

Built Engine Options

Yes, I know, but ideally, I would want a shop that has done dozens and dozens of these engines...
  2. M

Built Engine Options

I don't think I trust any local shops to do it (Ottawa/Ontario). Maybe Montréal or Toronto.
  3. M

Built Engine Options

Looking at FFE, I can't find a site that would have all the options available as a "kit". I guess I could always contact FFE directly. Thanks!
  4. M

Built Engine Options

Hi ll, With APR and IE out of the game, what are the options for a reliable shop for a built engine, say for 600+HP? I would also consider a long block, with a re-worked head and everything assembled. Why are options so limited? Thanks!
  5. M

Hard Start and LPFP

I must admit that I'm quite impressed and satisfied with Precision Raceworks services. They agreed to send me a brand new set of injectors. They were really quick and agreeable. I'm glad they stand behind their products. Kudos to them.
  6. M

Hard Start and LPFP

I found the source of the problem:
  7. M

Hard Start and LPFP

Thanks, much appreciated.
  8. M

Hard Start and LPFP

I can see in VCDS that the car is requesting 5 bars, but I'm only getting 3.2 to 3.6 bars with ignition on. I think that's the issue, but I can't understand what the source could possibly be. I would also expect the ECU to throw some codes over this. I have a low pressure gauge kit, I will...
  9. M

Hard Start and LPFP

Right now, e50. And I know it's normal to be harder to start on a blend. Last summer, I was also running e50-e70 and it was NOT that hard to start. The thing is that it was also hard to start a few weeks ago running regular 94 pump gas. I do adjust the tune to consider the ethanol blend.
  10. M

Hard Start and LPFP

Thanks! I guess you mean the DI injectors. That's a good idea. Wouldn't they misfire if that was the case?
  11. M

Hard Start and LPFP

One thing that I'm thinking now.... could I have a leaking port injector (or maybe more than one) that is flooding one cylinder making it harder to start? I guess I could test that too with a gauge...
  12. M

Hard Start and LPFP

No. The starter seems fine as it's able to crank the engine the same as before; it just takes longer before actually starting. But thanks for the suggestion.
  13. M

Hard Start and LPFP

Hi all, I’m having an issue where my 2016 R is hard to start, especially when cold. Sometimes, between 4-8 seconds to start. Here are my pertinent mods: APR EFR7163 Stage 3 kit with custom electronic wastegate actuator Eurodyne Maestro Stage 3 ECU tuned by Moose Walbro 525 Hellcat Low...
  14. M

Tuning Options for APR EFR7163 Kit

Hi, I bought a used APR stage 3 kit for my 2016 R (DSG). I am planning on adding MPI and a larger fuel pump, probably from Precision Raceworks. As far as I know, my tuning options are: United Motorsports. Not local to me. Eurodyne (with Meastro). I love the facts that they're local to me...
  15. M

ECS Wheel Spacers (part of MK7 Golf R Flush Kit)

Includes: 2 x 5x100/5x112 - 10mm (for the front wheels) 2 x 5x100/5x112 - 17.5mm (for the rear wheels) Will also fit the GTI. The kit does NOT include bolts. You will need to get the following separately: 10 x Ball Seat Wheel Bolt - 14 x 1.5 x 40mm 10 x Ball Seat Wheel Bolt - 14 x 1.5 x 45mm...