GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by loudspl

1. loudspl

Aftermarket Turbo Options

TTE has been great for me. Started with the 525 back in the day, circa 2016. Now I'm on the 555. Still reliable as ever. But I think I need a lot more. At night in TX, the monsters come out to play. A next gen PTE 6266 or G35-900 might be in my future :)
  2. loudspl

EQT Typhoon Bolt-on Turbo Data and Results - over 700whp!

Any updates on this? I'm considering options for "A bit more" like my Breville appliances say. Obviously easy to improve on the old TTE setup I currently have! Comparing: Garrett G35-900 PTE Next Gen 6266 EQT Typhoon Goal is 700+whp
  3. loudspl

8 Bit Performance

RIP Steven. You'll be missed! I was just checking out his website 2 days ago. It looked like his tunes had some pretty good curves on a variety of turbos. And he really cared about his customers. Which really goes a long ways when people could use the advice or just simply the education! I was...
  4. loudspl

IS20 maxed out?

If you absolutely have to stay with the small IS20 you could add port injection, a better LPFP, have your tuner adjust fuel maps....and run a small nozzle for nitrous. With nitrous, you'll have to watch out for overspeeding the turbo. With a maxed out compressor, you'll get turbine overspeed...
  5. loudspl

DON'T 'Go Apr' (at elevation)...

Currently at high-ish altitudes with APR stage 3 GLI in Montana Actually seems to have more power. Definitely more torque, which is strange... Going from 2000ft where it was tuned to 5000+ft. No longer running pump 93....can only get 91 octane in Montana....and no ethanol blends, which sucks!
  6. loudspl

Misfires

This is the response I got when asking about the ETA: "Grounding kits are near completion. I apologize for the delay, please understand this was a pre-order as we finished up development and refined the product. The final product you will receive is our third version since the original proof...
  7. loudspl

Stage 2 Mk7.5 - Need advice on clutch

Currently running Mike's version of the CM850SS. Just make sure you get something with a sprung hub if it's a street car. No slip as long as you give proper break-in time. Ringer Racing is my suggestion (y)
  8. loudspl

Misfires

Also check your coil grounding when you replaced the plugs. If the stud doesn't thread in just right or a good ground is not made per coil, you'll get misfires. It's easy to miss. Ed has a solution coming soon that grounds to the chassis. A great upgrade, even if you're not having issues
  9. loudspl

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

Is anyone running a set of 3 steps colder plugs?? Just installed the Denso IKH27s (2 steps colder) gapped to .024. Seems to idle better, same tune, running E72-ish fuel. Is it true that if you can run a larger gap w/o blowout at high rpm, you'll get a better burn? Maybe this would be better...
  10. loudspl

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

I tried a set of Brisk ER10S and got all kinds of misfires. Maybe a bad set? Switched to RS7s and ran perfectly until it gets hot after harder driving. Going to try Denso IKH27s next. I think I do need 2 steps colder in my GTI for aggressive sustained use. GLI seems very happy with Ruths, but...
  11. loudspl

So, who's gonna be the first one on the PowerMax?

I'm guessing the G30-900 is the big brother to this turbo? Anyone offering this one stateside? :) https://www.turbo-total.com/thor-900-extreme-turbolader-fuer-golf-vii-golf-viii-2-0-r-audi-s3-tts-mqb
  12. loudspl

Precision Raceworks MPI Rail Injector Seating. What about CTS, APR and Iroz?

I'm also running the PR rail and had the same issue with inj. seating on the OE manifold. Ended up getting the RPC manifold to prep for an Iroz kit a while back. Much more secure injector mounting with the RPC. No drilling needed. There are some good aftermarket manifold & rail choices out...
  13. loudspl

Tomioka racing IHX Turbo upgrade for all Golf MK7

A turbo compressor map would be more useful to see mass air flow in lbs/min. Then you know exactly what the turbo is capable of so expectations are realistic So many other variables to consider when only looking at whp/wtq from a dyno!
  14. loudspl

93 Octane/e85 fuel

For those that don't already know... GasBuddy app lets you look for E85: Supported fuel types In Canada and the U.S., GasBuddy currently offers the ability to view/report prices for the three main grades of gasoline; Regular (85-87 Octane), Mid-Grade (89 Octane), Premium (91-93 Octane), E-85...
  15. loudspl

Mk8 turbo info?

Slightly off topic, but any changes to the block or head or fueling?