GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by legandrex

1. legandrex

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

Gave it some thought...but it is leased and knowing me in 2.5 years will be driving another one or something different. Rather spend the coin on track day prep :)
  2. legandrex

They are 2011 enkei 18 inch stock sti wheels I bought new from dealer. Car is a blast. Amazing grip and chassis composure. At first was bummed to not get a limited but I really like the cloth seats in the premium. Harmon Kardon sounds great too...no complaints with anything except paint on...
  3. legandrex

Here's your chance...my 04 mach 1 with 14,500 miles is for sale. No interest in driving it anymore. Generally just sits in my garage. It is absolutely perfect. If I am going somewhere car related I have had more fun driving my old GTI or now my 15 wrx.
  4. legandrex

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

I had the STI short throw in my 05 Legacy GT and it was great...however some cars are too short such as my fathers 2011 GT500. It is so short I sometimes wonder if I have it in gear when I drive it. I have been fine with stock GTI shifter so would think stock wrx will serve me well. Wish it...
  5. legandrex

Have one on order. Going to be a limited with Nav/HK/manual tranny. Sure nav might not be great, but HK will sound nice. Don't want kicker sub in trunk and don't want to dick around with aftermarket. Even skipped short throw shifter because some initial feedback is stock is pretty good...
  6. legandrex

I think I can be patient enough to get wrx this fall, but I am going to try to get out at least if I can for close to payoff. I believe I have to pay a lease end extra payment and new tires will be minimally about $400 installed so I am looking at about $700 in expenses to ride out the lease...
  7. legandrex

My attempt will be to get out of my lease early...if I can get close to payoff I'm doing it to avoid having to spend coin on new tires before lease turn in this fall. Payoff today was $17,009 on GTI. It is a 2012 4 door base with no mods has 22,000 miles/manual/perfect condition. Leaning...
  8. legandrex

Spent enough time in the Subaru display checking out the WRX at the Chitown auto show that my brother started to question my sexuality. Gunkata has a list of issues with WRX and he can add dealing with rainbow, wnba, and other homophobic talk from friends and relatives as a negative. I don't...
  9. legandrex

Head To Head: Focus ST vs. 2015 WRX( Video)

I had the Harman Kardon on my 2009 Legacy and it sounded pretty damn good. Subwoofer set up is exactly the same as it appears in the 15 wrx. My wife had an Outback with the HK and the bass wasn't as strong due to it being a wagon. The enclosed trunk in my Legacy added some punch. Reviews so...
  10. legandrex

Head To Head: Focus ST vs. 2015 WRX( Video)

Fairly probable this will be my next car this summer or fall. I don't mind how it looks and I miss having awd. I've really enjoyed my GTI, but I like getting something different every few years. Probably will go for Harmon Kardon because my Emerson alarm clock probably has better sound...
  11. legandrex

Ski/Snowboarding Thread

Heading out to Cascade Mountain(small hill) with my 8 year old daughter tomorrow morning. First trip of the season for us.
  12. legandrex

Underrated Movies

Hot Dog Best skiing movie evar!!!
  13. legandrex

Traded for a '12 Mustang GT

Not to alarm you or start an off topic rant...but if I were you I would opt for Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra next oil change. My 32 valve Mach motor made quite a bit of start up noise with Mobil 1 when I used to use it. It has been much quieter with the Pennzoil. I'm not a Mobil 1 hater as I...
  14. legandrex

This thread has so much more win than the wrx thread on nasioc. 8,000 pages of bitching about no hatchback, no suby rumble exhaust, a cvt being offered, 0-60 times, only a few hp more, wha-wha-wha. Here we are talking about vaginas and how they perform...doen't get any better than this!
  15. legandrex

I dare you to go onto Nasioc and ask that same question. :lol: