GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by langer

1. L

Warranty is up!

Good to know about eqt lpfp.
  2. L

Warranty is up!

I'm softening my stance on my 'no fueling mods'. I had an APR pump on my mkv gti and never had an issue with it. Besides the usual cam follower replacement, which was needed even without an upgraded HPFP.
  3. L

Warranty is up!

Haha. I'm a mid-atlantic east coaster, so I'm familiar with salt during the winter. Suspension is definitely on my list of wear/tear items. Something is creaking over speed bumps, I'm guessing some bushings. I've thought about selling it and just going to a lexus. Not nearly as fun but I know...
  4. L

Warranty is up!

I've thought about ethanol, but I don't think I want to go that route. The less fiddly the better for me. Definitely doing turbo upgrade, trying to decide between vortex and vortex XL. But I think XL might be wasted on my car without doing internals and fueling, so I'm leaning vortex.
  5. L

Warranty is up!

Informal poll. My warranty just expired, 72k miles came and went. What would you guys do for next steps? 2018 R. Currently have an AWE catted downpipe mated to stock exhaust and an APR intercooler. JB4 on there. No flash tune. I was considering EQT vortex but I don't think I want to upgrade...
  6. L

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Good to know. I’ve started throwing a CEL even with an HJS cat on my AWE downpipe.
  7. L

34K1 dsg tsb

I have a jb4 installed. No flash tune. They ignored my jb4 in engine bay for the warranty work. They actually relocated my jb4 when they had to replace battery since my car sat for 5 weeks while doing the work. I was appreciative they didn't give me a hard time about it.
  8. L

34K1 dsg tsb

Exactly what service advisor told me about the bolts.
  9. L

34K1 dsg tsb

I had a very intermittent false neutral, usually just after first starting it and pulling out of a parking spot. Would drop out of gear and re-engage after a second. Only thing I ever noticed. But that was rare, maybe once a month. Nothing else I noticed. Not even sure that was related.
  10. L

34K1 dsg tsb

New dsg for me. Dealer called, they submitted a replacement claim and it was approved by vw. There was internal damage on my unit.
  11. L

34K1 dsg tsb

Didn’t realize so few cars were affected. I’m so lucky. Ha. I wonder if this is the cause or related to my occasional false neutrals.
  12. L

34K1 dsg tsb

Anyone taken their car in yet for this one? I took it last week, they updated the software and update failed. What exactly are they replacing in the transmission? The auxiliary pump? I think I was the first one to come in for it, according to service advisor. Having the work done in a few weeks...
  13. L

the ol' oil consumption

Side note. Don’t be an idiot like me and forget to put your oil cap back on fully when you top off oil. Surging idle was my only clue.
  14. L

the ol' oil consumption

I change every 5k, on the nose. 502 oil, last change was liquimoly. I normally do topside oil change, but I’ll get under the car on next one to pop off intercooler piping. I also need to look for any coolant residue. Hopefully easy job with the silicone tubing I had put on with apr intercooler...