GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by kyLman

1. kyLman

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I know its extremely cold all over (-5 deg here in Michigan)... but do we still expect our cars to reach and maintain operating temp? I've had (2) water pump assemblies installed in the last 3 weeks (1 was defective thermostat out of the box) Do I have another bad thermostat? The below pictured...
  2. kyLman

sigh.... Had an indy replace the waterpump assembly this wekk, with OEM, but I think it has a failed thermostat already. Car will reach 200 on the dummy gauge for half a second, and then start falling. If I idle with full heater on, itll drop to the first 1/3rd of the gauge. I feel like if it...
  3. kyLman

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

i'm thinking of coupling this water pump service with walnut blasting the intakes, but I only have the baby 1.8 stock. Has it been in other's experience, to still get the intake cleaning service? they quoted me 2k in total
  4. kyLman

iRacing

I bet we know a lot of the same people if you play at Lonewolf or Cru. Do you ever venture over to TCP Lansing? Let's race together!
  5. kyLman

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

Welp, the waterpump housing finally let go... and now im leaking like a sieve instead of the slow leak like it was for the last year and a half.. I called one independent shop... 1100$ 2015 VW Golf @ 94k miles, also passed the class action
  6. kyLman

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Whats the latest word on the latest covid20 coming out of china thats targeting children?
  7. kyLman

iRacing

I have a yearold G923 id let go for the cheap, just upgraded to direct drive. But, if youre still without a wheel base, I'd suggest direct drive for sure 9-12nM will be end game.
  8. kyLman

If you need a battery ...

Still... a 250$ battery for a 50$ shipping fee.... is a great deal. I do this for all my oil changes too... costs me about 25$ in shipping but now I get free LiquiMoly whenever I want.
  9. kyLman

Smoke and oil leak

I'm going to guess its a leaking injector. Fuel is leaking when you shutoff the vehicle, and leaks to the exhaust. On startup, blows the excess fuel out the exhaust. I bet it smells like fuel a little bit (if its fresh)
  10. kyLman

FS: 18” OEM S4 wheels, Michelin PA4 tires (GRAND RAPIDS, MI)

free bump for a fellow Grand Rapidian GLWS!
  11. kyLman

ECU then engine light on (mk7 1.8TSI) HELP

I would think you need to get the car scanned first before anyone can point you in a direction. The light could have nothing to do with you hitting the accelerator harder than normal. Could literally be anything
  12. kyLman

iRacing

I'd be down, GR86's, Miata's, the new formula car is fun
  13. kyLman

Tell us what problems you had with your MK7

-Time of ownership: 3 years, 45k miles (90k total) -Year: 2015 -Model: Golf 1.8 sport (not wagen) -Problems you have/have to fix: 1) AC Condenser spit green fluid all over my engine bay 2) Slow leak coolant from thermostat/water pump. Refill coolant about 1-2x a year 3) Sometimes the LCD...
  14. kyLman

Will the poke look stupid?
  15. kyLman

Looking at some 18x8.5's ET43for my stock 2015 golf. Everything I read says it shouldnt rub, can someone with experience confirm this?