GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by KyACRASH

1. KyACRASH

MIB2 firmware update tutorial (VW Audi Skoda Seat download links)

I'm trying to do a G11 to G13 conversion. I am confused on how to edit the metainfo2.txt file. My current train is: MHI2_US_VWG11_P3261 and I am converting to: MHI2_US_VWG13_P3659_2 These are the instructions from the wiki. I initially edited the file to add these two lines...
  2. KyACRASH

Fitting 7.5 ACC sensor to MK7?

also the 7.5 grille is not compatible with the 7 bumper. Not impossible, but you'd have to custom fab it.
  3. KyACRASH

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

did you take off the panel on the end of the dash? the one that is between the passenger door and the dashboard. remove that and it exposes a tunnel that runs past the glove box and goes all the way to the screen. Use a coat hangar and run the cables through there.
  4. KyACRASH

What did you do to your mk7 today?

glad you found it! leaks can be annoying. My vent seals failed a couple years ago, water everywhere. I did the soundproofing while I had everything removed, makes a big difference. although it is heavy, if weight reduction is important to you.
  5. KyACRASH

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

if you login to your account (even if it's expired), you can chat with a rep instead of calling. For the last 5 years or so I've chatted with a rep at the end of my 12 month subscription, prior to being renewed at full rate, to cancel/negotiate. It's super easy, just say you want to cancel...
  6. KyACRASH

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

I don't even use any skill and have no issues lol
  7. KyACRASH

The definitive dashcam thread

I've had the A119 v3 for about a year, would definitely recommend - up until a few weeks ago, it has started constantly power cycling. No identifiable rhyme or reason to it, sometimes it just turns off and then back on. I've been troubleshooting but no solution yet. Other than that, for the...
  8. KyACRASH

Water leaking into boot from air flaps, grommet purpose

cars with sunroofs have a drain tube that exits out that hole. I am assuming your car does NOT have a sunroof, hence no tube and a grommet instead. I imagine the grommet is just used to seal the car, no major issue by removing it other than exposure to the elements. If you still have a leak...
  9. KyACRASH

Flooded boot & wet rear seats. Mk7 Golf.

Happened to me, culprit was the vent seals behind the bumper. It's an easy fix if you are comfortable taking off the rear bumper, otherwise bring it to the shop. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/hatch-is-leaking-water-hopefully-fixed.389851/post-7734168
  10. KyACRASH

I think I paid about half that. My garage is about 500 sq ft and I'm pretty sure it cost about ~$5 a sq ft. This was pre-covid when labor/things were cheaper, so I wouldn't be surprised if it costs double that now.
  11. KyACRASH

I paid a premium to have my floor professionally epoxied. I was all set to DIY it but the prep that would have been needed to do a good, long-lasting job was more than I was prepared for. For me, the price was worth it.
  12. KyACRASH

I'm overseas for a bit...missing my garage! And the cars 😂
  13. KyACRASH

+1 for the AAwireless unit. I've had it for a while now and it works great, no issues with bumps or disconnects, ever. Setup was easy and it connects in seconds every time. The manufacturer has pushed a couple OTA updates since I've had it, and I appreciate how simple that process is as well...
  14. KyACRASH

Not exactly. Pumps that sell E85 can actually be anything from E50-E85. You really should test it first using something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Boost-Monkey-85-Fuel-Test/dp/B08132XZBX/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=e85+tester&qid=1662868940&sr=8-4 Then knowing what percentage of ethanol you'll...