GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by K-Span

1. K-Span

Wireless Charging

My software looks a lot different than yours after selecting software update/version, but I reckon this is what you're looking for: And here's the update log:
  2. K-Span

Wireless Charging

Is this what you're looking for?
  3. K-Span

Wireless Charging

Nope. Mk 7.5. System information page shows hardware H56 and software 0813.
  4. K-Span

Wireless Charging

Apparently the latest over-the-air update that they pushed enabled wireless Android Auto, which is pretty sweet. Problem is that it drains the phone battery like crazy because it's constant WiFi data flowing to and from the phone. What sort of wireless charging solutions have y'all had success...
  5. K-Span

Ceramic Pro

I haven't gotten around to putting on the ceramic coating yet. But I just noticed that the liftgate is rubbing against the bumper, so that will have to get fixed first anyway. I would have been pissed if I went through all that trouble just to need to get the bumper and hatch repainted anyway 🤣
  6. K-Span

Phone's Moisture/Debris Warning

It is definitely a false alert. My point is that I never got that alert with other vehicles, so I'm curious if this is just my phone or if others have the same issue, either with this phone or with other ones.
  7. K-Span

Phone's Moisture/Debris Warning

Whenever I leave my phone plugged in while the car is turned off, my phone's moisture/debris alarm goes off. I've never experienced this with any other vehicle, just my GTI. Any idea why?
  8. K-Span

Ceramic Pro

So I've got everything I need to coat the car myself: ONR No-rinse with Big Red Sponge™ A whole stack of brand new microfiber towels Sonax fallout cleaner Clay block with lube Dual-action orbital polisher Lake country finishing polishing pads Finishing polish 30ml Gtechniq CSL and EXO I'm...
  9. K-Span

Ceramic Pro

This may be a dumb question, but: do you put CSL + EXO on the windows, windshield and unpainted plastic parts of the exterior as well? Or are you supposed to use something else?
  10. K-Span

Ceramic Pro

How you gonna talk about saving all that money and not give us a link? 😂
  11. K-Span

Ceramic Pro

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that I should just go the DIY route and save a bunch of cash. The detailer remarked about what great shape my paint is in, even for a new car. Surely I'm capable of doing the amount of prep and polishing that would be required. 🤔
  12. K-Span

Ceramic Pro

That was a typo, gents. $50 per wheel face or $100 per entire wheel, not $1000 😂 Wheels (stock SE trim Pretorias) are brand new. Great shape. 👍
  13. K-Span

Overhead LED interior lights

How did this work out for you? I sat in my car last night for a while finishing a book before heading home and holy crap those bright white LEDs are a bit much
  14. K-Span

Ceramic Pro

An update: I got a quote today from a local detailer who seems to know his stuff, but I figured I'd run it by the armchair experts here to tell me what you think. Bottom line on the quote: he uses Gtechniq and offered either Crystal Serum Light + EXO for $1200 or Crystal Serum Ultra + EXO for...