GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by JTM88

1. J

My gti is leaking fluid but I can’t tell what it is.

Looks like oil to me. I recently had to replace my oil pan gasket, the oil was accumulating in the same spot. Even with what appeared to be a lot of oil on the ground the oil level didn't seem to drop as fast as expected.
  2. J

Chasing creaks and squeaks

So I had some creaking that started when the temps dropped. It sounded like it was coming from the passenger windshield around the top. I took every part off of the car that I possibly could and still had the noise. I ended up spraying WD40 dry in between the windshield and the rubber weather...
  3. J

What did you do to your mk7 today?

If I blow up do I still have to pay for the gas?
  4. J

Dropped it off at the dealership, the oil leak I thought I fixed is still there, and the water pump is leaking. I considered doing the water pump myself, but I just don’t have the time or will to take it on.
  5. J

Passenger Side Rattle over bumps (Please help)

I was able to find and fix it today. I was taking the a-pillar trim off again to check for something I missed and I leaned against the corner of the door card and it make the squeaking noise I had been hearing. I took the door card off and found that the door panel clips were squeaking where...
  6. J

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Beastwood's quarter-wave resonator calculator (google docs) | Fiesta ST Forum I used this calculator. I think it could be done with some creative bends, and I'd really like to see someone try it. I just don't have the time, patience, or equipment to diy it.
  7. J

No I Won't

Saw a pretty good video about these a few weeks ago.
  8. J

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

I looked into making one of these and even found a calculator. The required length ended up being almost 4 feet long, not impossible to fit but more effort then I felt like putting into it.
  9. J

Noticed a few drops of oil on the garage floor. Found that the oil around the oil cap. So I put a new one on. now I just need to clean the oil off the engine.
  10. J

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Got my replacement hatch area LED, I think it has been burned out since I got the car. I never even realized there was supposed to be one until I saw people adding a second one. 😳
  11. J

Do I Buy A DSG??

Every car I've owned before this was a manual, I do love shifting through gears. However I got tired of shifting constantly during my commute. The DSG is great for daily driving and ripping around. I do miss shifting sometimes, but at least I can go in manual mode and get a partial fix.
  12. J

I’ve check the glove box, overhead storage, and under the passenger seat. I couldn’t find anything that would was making noise.
  13. J

Please help me find this rattle. It started a few weeks ago when the temps dropped, and it's driving me crazy. - The noise is independent of speed or engine RPM and seems to happen when going over bumps. - It sounds like it's coming from either the passenger side dash area What it's not - I...
  14. J

Sitting in the exhaust shop waiting lobby getting my 17930 welded in as we speak. Hopefully it kills the civic sound.
  15. J

MK8 Configurator is up on VW USA

That's why I never mess with configurators, I just pick all the options. Then I feel sad because I made a ridiculously expensive car out of my price range. lol