GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by JSil13

1. JSil13

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Brought it into the garage and spent a few hours polishing out a bunch of swirl marks. Still has some micro scratches, but it's looking much better than it was. Now to figure out how to get rid of the water spots on the roof. Unfortunately I can't just park it in the garage. Also the first time...
  2. JSil13

My Maxton V1 rear diffuser came today and I got it installed. I had been thinking about ordering one for awhile and just decided to pull the trigger. I really like how it looks, and I'm glad that I went with the less aggressive looking option of the two.
  3. JSil13

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Maxton rear diffuser. I've been eyeing it for awhile and just decided to pull the trigger on one. Might try to get it installed today.
  4. JSil13

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Is there anything I can do about this corrosion on my car? I know I live in New England and the salt destroys cars, but I don’t remember any of my older cars looking quite this bad. Maybe the previous owner lived by the ocean or something. This is a 2017 that I’ve had for a year.
  5. JSil13

Washed and detailed it in between days of rain. Figured I'd take it out for a spin while it's still clean. No more black cars for me, but it does look really nice when it is actually clean for several minutes. Ran into a nice Golf R and Sportwagen while I was out too.
  6. JSil13

Yeah, I got them straight from Weathertech. https://www.weathertech.com/volkswagen/2017/golf-gti/floorliner-digitalfit/
  7. JSil13

I’ve been using the Monster mats since I got my car, but it gets pretty messy up here during the winter. I’ve used the Weathertech all weather mats in a few cars but wanted to check out these floor liners. I like them a lot.
  8. JSil13

Yeah. I took the felt cover off. I couldn't get it to clip onto the battery with it on. Might end up cutting it to make it fit, but I'm ok with how it is now and if I want to put it back on I can. I have seen people mod the mk6 battery box to fit, but the only other boxes I've seen are...
  9. JSil13

I think it was around $20. It isn't the whole battery box like on the older GTI's. It's just a cover that clips on.
  10. JSil13

Finally got around to removing the battery blanket and throwing on the aliexpress battery cover. I ordered it last winter, but it was way too cold to be out there messing with stuff. Today it was probably too hot to be messing around, but this was easy. I'd say it looks better now.
  11. JSil13

Yeah I'm pretty sure my SE isn't compatible with it. I did see this thread about it on the OBD11 forum https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/1460/mirror-dip-compatible-build-daye It would have been cool, but I don't think I want to switch out the mirrors.
  12. JSil13

Not today but this week I got my OBDeleven and Weathertech rear window rain guards. I did all the standard OBDeleven mods, but can't get the passenger mirror dip in reverse to work yet. I'll figure it out eventually. I've had the front rain guards on for months now and I've had them on pretty...
  13. JSil13

I figured you guys would notice that. It's a 72 with an LS swap that belongs to my father. My brother also has a 1979 Trans Am with an LS swap.
  14. JSil13

My Maxton spoiler extension came today, so I threw that on there. I like it. It's subtle and it matches the other gloss black pieces well.
  15. JSil13

Found a set of Audi A7 B4 headrests for the back a few weeks ago that finally came in. I popped them in to make sure they fit and sure enough they do. Just need to clean them up a little bit. I've been driving without the rear headrests, and it really does make a huge difference being able to...