GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Jrb5

1. J

Anyway to get the latest software in a MK7.5?

For Android, you can buy a USB dongle that plugs into the car and allows for wireless android auto. I know the same thing exists for carplay, but I am not familiar with the options and quality. Out of curiosity, does someone have a link to that sheet?
  2. J

Jim Lloyd 5/13/1948 till 5/25/2022

RIP Jim. You will be missed.
  3. J

feeling guilty...forgot about oil change

You are fine. Sometimes new/used cars sit on the lot for over a year before they are sold, and they dont change the oil before the owner drives off.
  4. J

Wireless Android Auto Indiegogo project

Thank you for the feedback. I'll probably pick one up once inventory normalizes and Google doesn't shut the project down 😅
  5. J

GTI PAINT PEELING

If the factory paint was peeling/defective while still under warranty (for what part of the car's warranty for 2015 year cars that covers paint defects) and you reached out to the dealer with evidence (and this is documented in email - not a phone call unless you recorded it with the date being...
  6. J

I saw that 9to5 article a few weeks ago. They reviewed a POC version (both software and hardware), so it makes sense they did not do a video review in real time showing performance. I'm a little surprised there aren't any youtube reviews like this yet for the final product. Maybe in a few for...
  7. J

Has anyone here bought this? https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless/x/26225802 If so how is it working on your factory head unit? What phone are you using as well? They just put out the following update for VW headunits and was curious if anyone has purchased it yet and tried it out?
  8. J

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

Is the size and shape of the TCR muffler 1:1 with the 2019 7.5 muffler? I have a hidden hitch installed and was curious if the TCR muffler would interfere,,
  9. J

The definitive dashcam thread

AUKEY Dash Cam - Wife and i both have this one. We are happy with its performance even with Phoenix, AZ heat after 2 years so far. Recorded a windshield falling off the back of a truck Recorded someone running from the cops
  10. J

Places to look for used GTI.

+1 for autotempest Used car prices are high currently. Get values from KBB, NADA and a 3rd of your choice when comparing.
  11. J

2019 GTI: rear main seal leak

My 2019 GTI Rabbit Edition DSG had a rear main seal leak at 8k miles. Replaced under warranty after 2 weeks of driving with dye added to the oil. At about 17k miles today with no leak visible from underside. Corporate VW service team requested a dye to be added to my oil, drive for 2 weeks...
  12. J

2019 GTI DSG 1st gear hangs

Was not getting on it, was accelerating with traffic from a stop at a red light. Oil was at around 140-180 during the 2 times it happened last night. Does the transfluid heat up about 1:1 with engine oil? I'd assume it is a little slower.
  13. J

Yes I am aware of the risks related to warranty coverage and tunes. No for battery disconnection or replacement.
  14. J

Edited my post above as i typed it late in the evening as it was a little misleading. This happened once a few weeks ago, and then twice last night during a short sub 5 mile trip. Today driving around for 20 min or so stopping and going it happened 0 times. Double Edit - just spoke with a VW...