GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by JohnnyGTD

1. J

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Anyone know where I can get a German flag decal like this one on the boot? Looks awesome.
  2. J

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Had to get an auto electrian on the case. Turns out the relay controlling the auxiliary heat pump was stuck open which draws enough power to kill the battery in a few hours.
  3. J

For those who might come upon this later, got the AA out and the battery was completely dead. He put a new one in and all seemed fine, but the alarm went off in the night and now there's no power again this morning. The saga continues....
  4. J

Hi all, back with more potentially stupid questions. Question the first. I've just filled my tank and there is a strong smell of diesel in the boot and occasionally in the cabin, usually after opening the door. Thoughts on the cause of this? I've never had this on other cars and it seems odd...
  5. J

Thanks for the heads up. And yeah, it's just cosmetics so it's not urgent.
  6. J

Thanks both. I'll go looking for a wheel shop and see what they say.
  7. J

Yeah, 2 places said about £100 a wheel. But since then I've been looking around and there are some mighty fine wheels out there. Haven't really considered the price as yet, hence my question. Just trying to find out if there are any hidden costs to buying new wheels.
  8. J

Thanks man, but they were chewed up when I bought the car. Looking at sorting them out and currently torn between a refurb or buying new.
  9. J

Hey all, back with another noob question. My GTD has the Nogano 18" but they're all chewed up. Every one. My detailer reckons it'll be close to £500 to refurb and sort them all out. I'm considering putting that money into a set of Enkei ts-10s instead. Apart from the cost of the wheels and...
  10. J

Hello all, another stupid question if I may. What is supposed to go here?
  11. J

I presumed this was the case, but wanted to check in case there was some reason I was unaware of. Thanks Jim.
  12. J

Do you turn them on often?
  13. J

Random/stupid question coming in hot.... Do your foglights come on when your headlights come on, or do you switch them on manually? Just curious as it seems almost everyone round by me has their fogs on all the time.
  14. J

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

Awesome! I've been looking at them myself and have been looking all over for a photo of them on the MK7. Might go for storm grey myself, but very happy to see them looking so good on the Golf. How are you getting on with them?
  15. J

Key fob options?

Ah cool. Cheers Dave.