GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by joesid

1. J

MK7.5 NAR market AFS tweaks

If the functions are the same as the mk7 with xenon, the rain light is engaged by turning on the fog lights. You’ll see the driver side low beam move slightly to the left to broaden the beam pattern.
  2. J

Thank you!

Y’all probably don’t know me because I don’t post very much. I joined this forum 4 years ago after purchasing a 2016 GTI, and have probably visited it 5-10 times a day since. This forum is been both a tremendous resource, and an escape from daily stresses. While I still love the GTI, it...
  3. J

2017 GTI sunroof glass removal?

If you’re concerned about the two front corners of the seal, I think it’s normal, or it has been for my car. Pg 199 https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw53cpyqa26v0pf/D4B8046FF16-Body_Exterior.pdf?dl=0
  4. J

Anyone else struggle to find a comfortable driving position?

I didn’t realize until recently that the power seats in the autobahn are more adjustable than the manual ones (bottom adjusts 6-ways vs 4-ways). :mad:
  5. J

Afs error

I’m willing to bet it’s the problem. Sometimes when my car does the “dance” at startup my drivers side will point down and won’t come back up unless I cycle the ignition. You said it “twitches” so it sounds like the cheap little plastic gears are binding. If you remove the headlight you’ll be...
  6. J

Afs error

Have you tried playing with the vertical/horizontal adjustment screws? Maybe they’re jammed. It kinda reminds me of a time when I adjusted a MB headlight past it’s limit. I’m betting it’s somehow related to the gear that rotates the projector horizontally. Also, if you are going to attempt to...
  7. J

climatronic retrofit?

If you start the car with the heat on, does it delay the fan until the engine is warm enough to produce heat?
  8. J

Card holder in the center console?

Might be stupid, but maybe try jamming a small serrated knife in with the card, and then removing the knife while turning the blade toward the card so that it hopefully catches.
  9. J

Warranty extensions

It all depends on the provider of the warranty and the price. Do you have something specific in mind?
  10. J

Paint chips

I use the VW paint pen...kinda. I use the pen and dab some point onto a piece of cardboard, then apply it to the car via model paint brushes.
  11. J

Side-view mirror (Left side) disassemble/assemble? (hit the garage door frame)

Here - courtesy of ECS Tuning http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f3e01bf511d4da3315c66902d6.r6.cf1.rackcdn.com/PDF_19253_VW_MK7_Golf_Power_Folding_Mirror_Kit_Install.pdf
  12. J

Another case of peeling sunroof trim clearcoat

I noticed it on my 2016 today, damn. My car sits outside all day/every day without ever getting waxed (I know I know...). I'm thinking it's due to some sort of chemical reaction, but have no evidence to back that up.
  13. J

Sliced my hand open in my 2015 GTI...

I bought a replacement myself and installed it to avoid the hassle. It allowed me to take a close look at my old one, and from what I could tell, it has to do with the sharp edge of the plastic mold that the metal is covering. I applied a strip of Tesa tape over the edge on my replacement. You...
  14. J

A/C recirculation setting confusion

I think it’s better with the recirculation on. When I’m stuck in traffic at idle I’ve noticed the a/c works much better when it’s recirculated. However, if the car is damp inside I think you should probably have recirculation off. Only saying this because defogging requires recirculation off to...
  15. J

Hoping to purchase a 2015 VW Golf

I would get a 2016 for the MIBII with Apple CarPlay. I don’t think I could live without it at this point!