GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Joe K

1. J

Michelin Pilot A/S 4 - disappoint, suggestions?

Wow! Quite an impressive reference table. I understand it, thank you
  2. J

Thank you all for your input! I'll give a try and lowering the air pressure. I did call Michelin and they said to run the VW spec of 39 psi, but its easy to lower it and see what happens. I don't plan to do any mods to the car - I actually love it jus the way it is. I am surprised at my...
  3. J

On other important note - I have about 1400 miles on the tires, so seems they would be "broke-in".
  4. J

Just put on a set of Michelin Pilot A/S 4 onto my 2019 GTI SE Manual, hoping to improve on the poor performance from the stock Pirelli Cinturato p7 all seasons. While the Michelin grip is much improved, in both dry and wet, and the Michelin's are nice general use tires, the turn-in is poor, and...
  5. J

Best tire setup for new GTI/Golf R

Hey all - just joining in, if you guys are still there. I just put the Michelin Pilot A/S 4s on my 2019 GTI SE Manual. For general driving, up to about 80% they are great. But, I find the turn-in and response to be poor, particularly when pushing it in tight back/forth turns. its to the...
  6. J

Best Street Tires for stock 2019 GTI SE?

I have to admit, I'm now torn between the DWS Continental and the Michelin PS4AS's Kevin - how is the ride on the PS4ASs? I have the Pirelli stock tire and ride is about right for me, (noise is loud on some surfaces). I'm OK if a bit firmer to get better handling, but would regret if a harsh...
  7. J

Thank you. Any comments on ride quality and/or tire noise?
  8. J

Thank you guys for the input. I’m open to more. BTW...My first VW, after years of Honda’s, and I love my GTI!
  9. J

2019 GTI SE, w/stock rims and Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS. I'm looking at replacing with Michelin PS 4AS - great buy at Costco this month. I generally like the ride of the Pirelli, but not the handling and noise. Anyone with experience with the Michelin's, or other suggestions. I've read good...
  10. J

2019 GTI (6MT USA) Engine hesitation

I hope more people write in if they have this issue. Some type of complaint should be filed, not sure how or where...yet. We should NOT have to modify a new car, voiding part of warranty, for it to run properly. Sidenote: I was driving in mild rain, no air-conditioning, temperature in...
  11. J

Thank you for the tuner info. I’m new to VW: if I run this OTS tune, does it void the warranty?
  12. J

I meant to say horsepower increased slightly “.
  13. J

Yes, it’s only above about 3800 RPM. Are you saying there was a program change from 2018 2019 regarding the diverter valve timing? I know the horsepower in the tree slightly, and part of me wonders if they change something to do that, that created the situation. Something else I noticed, upon...
  14. J

I have a similar issue, slight, choppy acceleration but from 1500-3800 rpm with mild acceleration. Same thing, had it to dealer twice, lead mechanic, no codes, so no problem. My next trip I’ll let the service manager drive With me. Dealer has been good, but no codes, no problem. I live in...
  15. J

MK7 Power Seat Install?

Just purchased a 2019 GTI SE. Only thing I’d love to change is driver seat From a manual to power seat. Anyone done or seen that done? I’ve researched quite a bit and it appears difficult, maybe even not possible, due to manual seat vs power seat harness differences, and potential to create...