GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by jimlloyd40

1. J

Looking for more turbo sounds

I couldnt but maybe my exhaust drowned it out. But then with the same exhaust I can hear the TPC20 spool briefly.
  2. J

You won't hear the spool with every turbo. I couldn't hear it with my IS20 or IS38. I can hear it briefly with my TPC20.
  3. J

True but that's not he is looking for. He wants the loud whoosh like you can get with an aftermarket DV valve. But the OEM DV is the best that's why I suggested a spacer on the OEM DV valve.
  4. J

Meguiar's Air Re-Fresher

Every other car I've had was easy. Just spray it in the cowl by the windshield wiper on the passenger side. Knowing me I would break something if I removed the cowl.
  5. J

When do you typically change spark plugs?

Right I didn't look to see who you responded to but like I said she doesn't have both. It's one or the other.
  6. J

He's wanting the whoosh sound from the DV.
  7. J

What did you do to your mk7 today?

They don't repair sidewall damage. It needs to be replaced.
  8. J

When do you typically change spark plugs?

How does he have both? You either have a timing chain or a belt.
  9. J

Just get the DV spacer.
  10. J

How Trouble-Free Has Your Stage 1 Tune Been?

When I was on a stage 1 tune it was fine but I didn't stay there long.
  11. J

Oil Catch Can DIY

I could be wrong about Spulen eliminating the PCV. I thought the plate they use did but maybe I misunderstood the guy who installed it. As far as the black gunk that my catch can is collecting I don't see how that would be burned off. I can only tell you that when I had manual carbon cleaning...
  12. J

Oil Catch Can DIY

No version 1.
  13. J

Oil Catch Can DIY

I'm not familiar with the BFI OCC. And you mean the the PCV prevents the oil from going into the intake because you have the BFI OCC? I have no smelly gasses with the Spulen OCC. I also have no boost leaks either.
  14. J

Oil Catch Can DIY

Do you have an OCC that collects blowby in the can and if so what brand?