GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by jeffdemara

1. J

Coilovers or Aftermarket Struts + Springs for Daily Driver?

I know there’s tons of info on various forums on this topic, and I continuously read mixed reviews on everything of course. So I wanted to spark some conversation around your personal experiences running coilovers vs. struts and lowering spring combos. I’m currently on stock struts with VWR...
  2. J

Misfire after Unitronic Stage 2 IS20

I have all the supporting mods, as well as Chevron 94 octane and I mixed some ethanol to get to an E20 content which took away all timing reductions. Issue still persisted. Are you DSG trans, or the regular auto 6spd slushbox ? friend of mine put the exact turbo that was on my car, on his car...
  3. J

I did that as well. New plugs gapped to .024. zero change. New RS3 coils… zero change
  4. J

Thats weird, I tried some E in the tank as well but it made no difference for me unfortunately. I literally tried everything, and absolutely nothing made any difference whatsoever. Car is running perfect now though back on the stock IS12 with Stage 2, DP, intercooler, turbo elbow, and modified...
  5. J

That’s something I asked about. They said they don’t normally do that, and need to talk with John first, but haven’t gotten back to me about it. Not a huge priority to refund me I guess.
  6. J

Already sold it. Sick and tired of dealing with the finicky crap and chasing things that dont work as intended.
  7. J

Update... So I went back and forth with Unitronic a bit. They recommended I test for any vacuum/boost leaks. Did a pressured smoke test, no leaks. They also sent me a revised version of the Stage 2 IS20 tune (not sure what they changed), but that didn’t fix the issue either. So after much...
  8. J

So my long term fuel trims are at +9.6%, and John says there’s an issue there. But also my wastegate duty cycle isn’t where it should be, and to check for leaks. Also recommended I swap back to my stock turbo muffler. Swapped back to stock turbo muffler, but same issue persists. I guess maybe...
  9. J

Yes. They are aware. Waiting to get John on the phone though in the next few days I guess.
  10. J

Bottom green line: “Mass Air flow - actual kg/h” Orange line: “mass air flow (mg/stk)”
  11. J

Also notice that 1st and 2nd gear torque setpoint and actual are matching, but in 3rd it isn’t matching the torque setpoint. Is this normal? Boost is matching the target though.
  12. J

I haven’t flashed back to stock as I’m IS20 with downpipe. It’s been my understanding that I wont be able to do a full throttle pull in 3rd and shift to 4th to replicate the issue with a bigger turbo bolted on the car and software that doesn’t match it ? also have not spoken with John directly...
  13. J

So an upgraded AFE drop in filter and silicone hose to feed the turbo inlet made no difference as well. Snow grate has already been removed as well. still EPC light for misfire under boost when shifting it must be either something with the way the transmission handles things, or the Stage 2...
  14. J

I know exactly what you mean. And that is all confirmed set correctly. It also passes acknowledgement. And as per everything I’ve read, is set correctly, including having 9 threads showing.