GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by j255c

1. J

Golf R manual vs DSG long term reliabilty?

I would expect a thermostat issue that fails in the first 6/72 to be repaired under warranty regardless of your power mods. No?
  2. J

2022 Golf R - 315HP 310lb/ft TQ

Lotus + Shitbox? Sounds good to me.
  3. J

Sorry, I reached too high. A Cayman GTS or S is right in line with 50K.
  4. J

The biggest issue with comparing a VW Golf to a Porsche is parts. New Rotors/Pads and whatever other items will need to be replaced over the lifespan of the vehicle are exponentially more expensive. That being said a used Cayman GT4 is only 20K more than a brand new 2022 Golf R. When were...
  5. J

For the R’s maybe
  6. J

50,000+ for a golf. Out of control.
  7. J

To quote from VWVortex "A shop called Foreign Automotive in Canada has been able to retrofit a lower thrust washer without pulling the engine." It may be worth finding out if shops in the USA can replicate this process. @A2bmotorsport is this something you have looked into?
  8. J

Aftermarket option that wont be so harsh on the crank? Sachs? How overblown is this issue?
  9. J

Intercooler performance

Any section in this thread with Majesty IAT results?
  10. J

used car market ... wtf

The reality is there is a void for atleast a year before the MK8’s come in. The general opinion about the styling is not positive as well. I bet the MK8.5’s will be the ticket.
  11. J

CPO vs used

Also be careful about people saying a car has warranty. When I was looking at R’s I noticed it came over in auction from Canada. I’m fairly certain the USA VW dealers won’t hold up to the warranty if the original origin is from Canada. Ultimately I went private sale.
  12. J

17" Winter Wheel Offsets

Neuspeed has a sale right now for Black Friday so I went that route. 30-40 more per rim than tirerack options but I know I won’t have an issue.
  13. J

17" Winter Wheel Offsets

Im going Neuspeed.
  14. J

17" Winter Wheel Offsets

They are not hubcentric. Tirerack has no way of calculating this until you ad it to your cart, it will auto-populate rings or not.
  15. J

17" Winter Wheel Offsets

Does anyone know if the Rial Luccas are 57.1 hub centric? I do not want to run plastic ring adapters. Thanks.