GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by iTsLiKeAnEgG

1. I

Built 600hp+ 2015 Volkswagen Golf R with DSG and DCC

This car has been sold.
  2. I

I'm aware of the sales value of modded cars, this car is definitely for the right buyer who wants a built engine and knows what it would cost to do themselves.
  3. I

I'd probably go without a second car for a while and possibly get an AWD SUV down the line (just had to rent one to visit family over Christmas in snow country). I love the R but it does a lot of sitting ever since I moved close to public transit.
  4. I

Thanks, updated post with details.
  5. I

I am selling my built block 2015 Oryx White Volkswagen Golf R with DSG (automatic dual clutch transmission) and DCC (electronically adjustable ride stiffness). It has factory leather, navigation, Fender audio, heated seats, backup camera and parking sensors. This car makes for a comfortable all...
  6. I

Exhaust without DSG Farts

The exhaust will be hot whether its stock or aftermarket :)
  7. I

Exhaust without DSG Farts

The DSG farts aren't really a function of the exhaust, an aftermarket exhaust just amplifies them. Its due to engine management during gear changes.
  8. I

Low compression in cylinder 1

They say you have to pay to play when it comes to modified cars and it looks like I've officially joined that club. A few weeks ago I took the car to the local drag track and after pulling into the parking lot after a pass I noticed my CEL flashing which typically indicates a misfire. I cleared...
  9. I

Stage 3 2015 Oryx White Pearl Golf R with DSG and DCC

Listing cancelled
  10. I

Headlights pointed too low

I noticed recently that my headlights are pointed too low. I've had some work done recently (LPFP install at one shop and tires/alignment at another) so I inspected the headlight level sensor under the car in case it was disturbed but it looked to be in good shape. The headlights are otherwise...
  11. I

Diagnosing haldex issues from logs?

I'm noticing a good amount of wheel spin in 1st/2nd gears when using launch control and wondering if logs can assist in diagnosing haldex issues. I get a good amount of spin with launch control but if I'm just cruising at 3k rpm in 1st gear with traction full off in manual mode I'm not able to...
  12. I

IS38 (Revision H)

I'm selling an OEM IS38 turbo from my own 2015 Golf R with 28k miles on it. It's in great shape and only being sold because I replaced mine with an aftermarket turbo. Selling turbo with OEM turbo muffler for $750 plus shipping:
  13. I

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

I was recently speaking with the owner of a local tuner shop (Equilibrium Tuning) and in discussing MK7 turbo options he let me know that he plans to sell a drop in turbo upgrade for the platform and needed a someone to test it. Naturally I volunteered and am happy to report good results. The...
  14. I

Trouble moving from Eurodyne to Cobb

Has anyone moved from Eurodyne tune to Cobb? I’m working with a local shop on an upgraded turbo and Cobb tune (I prefer Cobb over ED for custom tuning) and the shop is having trouble getting the Cobb to work (base flash looks to apply but load targets stuck at stock levels). The owner of the...
  15. I

Eurodyne Stage 2 Dyno

I'm looking at a few turbo upgrade options for the 7R and had the opportunity to get a baseline dyno done. Hoping for a 100whp gain with a turbo and HPFP upgrade.