GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by infiniteend

1. I

MK8 GLI shifter (dsg) on a mk7.5 golf r

maybe this is a stupid question but has anyone tried/seen a mk8 gli shifter (dsg) on a mk7/7.5 golf r/gti? It looks similar enough and I feel like the button basically just unlocks the gates so you can shift the car in and out of the PRND, etc. looks similar enough to the mk7s...
  2. I

MK 7.5 2018 Golf R - 0-60 w/ botched launch

I have this map where I botched a launch control (and I kept the stick shunted right so it was stuck in M) and I redlined 1st gear a bit before the computer shifted automatically for me. I've included the log here - according to the JB4 app, it says I pulled a 2.2 but I on this map, if I count...
  3. I

Need advice for 2019 Volkswagen Golf R alignment for autocross ?

what are y'alls thoughts on this alignment spec for light autox/mountain road but mainly daily? (sorry to hijack thread but didnt wanna start one for some small stuff)
  4. I

MK7.5 (2018) Golf R - 36k mile strut mount wear?

I wish I had read this before I bought everything and had my shop do it (they got it all done on Monday for me). I already had the front stuff replaced with this whole kit https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-strut-mount-kit-lemforder-5q0412331dkt. I dont think they replaced other stuff like...
  5. I

I'm good with lowering/camber mods. I think im going to keep my suspension stock till I've tracked it once, then start making adjustments. I still daily it so I value daily comfort (NYC pothole ridden streets) over perf. at this moment.
  6. I

Should I do anything else while my car is in for that kind of work? Anything you guys recommend?
  7. I

Do you guys know if I need to do an alignment afterwards? The indie shop I had diagnose the problem seem to think I will need it after. Thanks!
  8. I

How you like the lemforder? Is the rest of your suspension stock or aftermarket?
  9. I

OOh gotcha. I just like FCP euro for these wearable items cause of their warranty. So the consensus is 2-3 hours for each side or total when it comes to strut mounts?
  10. I

Thanks for the quick response. Is the fcpeuro strut kit any good? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-strut-mount-kit-lemforder-5q0412331dkt
  11. I

Hey, so my shop told me that my front strut mounts are shot. My car (bought CPO has only 36k miles but I drive around in NYC's pothole infested roads. Does this seem right? Also, if I do need a swap - how much am I looking for (on average) to do the job, and should I get 034 strut mounts or OEM...
  12. I

JB4 - Map 4 (0-60) two times w/ launch control

I’ve only launched it twice, the two times stated above^. So you’re saying in good weather conditions I should have little to no wheel spin right? I’m only at 36k so I’m not sure I need a service yet but I botched the Launch on the first one so Maybe I need more data points?
  13. I

JB4 - Map 4 (0-60) two times w/ launch control

I was wondering if you guys are getting similar results with a JB4 or maybe a stage 1 from APR or somewhere. I haven't actually been able to do a good pull anywhere but these are my results: I'm using log-based but I'm thinking about getting a Dragy...
  14. I

New ECS Tuning Catback - coming soon

there's a chance it's like private labeled (still from an aliexpress shop) but they've sold other ECS exhausts before ... i wonder if it's just all the same but made for different cars
  15. I

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

thanks! do you happen to have all the stock jb4 settings? like the other parameters?